Jabba's custom CAI finished - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 19:24   #1 (permalink)

Jabba's custom CAI finished

I have 98% finished the air box, all that remains to be done is the insulation needs to go on the top of the inside of the box and a few minor ajustment to get the lid to fit nice and snug.. I have not had it on the dyno yet and it is booked in for an before and after run. On the road there is a noticable inprovement in power and the induction noise when in WOT scared the shit out of me the first time I planted my foot (much louder then the SS type CAI). But I think when I insulate the lid it might quieten it down a bit I hope.
I have got one small problem thou and that is the torque reduction. You can feel it retarding the timing and realy holding back the true performance of this XR8 of mine. Fuel milage has droped about .5-1ltr on the highway but in the city it's gone up (due to my lead foot). I am very happy with it and I hope it pulls a good result when I put it on the dyno...

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAI completed 001.jpg (61.8 KB, 153 views)
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2005, 00:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: Jabba's custom CAI finished

I finshed it 100% this afternoon and the induction raw has been reduced by 20% and it does sound alot better..... The side plate anodising work a treat and the whole thing looks very professional, if I may say so myself

Matt
Old 04-24-2005, 01:24   #3 (permalink)

Re: Jabba's custom CAI finished

Bloody good work

Panda
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons