Jealous - Who me? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2002, 07:27   #1 (permalink)

Jealous - Who me?

The time has come for my brother to purchase his first car. So he got the trading post yesterday and has been marking all of these cool cars which are within the budget. He has a few cars in mind, EA, VL, R31 and possibly EB. With up to about $5000 to spend he has had no problems finding low kilometre modified examples of each of these cars.

So far I think he is keen on getting an EA S pak most likely manual. So this brings me to the point of this post - I'm jealous because this time around we know what to look for. He found a 5 speed S-pak close to where we live so we might go take a look today, the ad doesn't state whether it is multipoint or not.

Ah well, thats what I get for not researching when we first bought my EA. :)

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2002, 08:00   #2 (permalink)

Never
but seriously if an ea was your first car, which i think was for a few on the board, if we had the knowledge then well we would all have perfect ea's and this place would be a bit boring. And on the up side u could always "borrow" his car.

Madeas
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 09:09   #3 (permalink)
-

mate, my brother is looking at an EBII fairmont. ****ing prick. ive test driven 2 of them for him so far (hes 17, nearly 1 and theyre bloody awesome. heaps of power quieter interior, FOUR SPEED, MULTI POINT, 4.0 LITRE. ****ing bastard

$5200 is the latest one we're looking at. 170,000. needs a bit of work - clean ups, dodgy trims and stuff. all in all, a bit of work and it'd look nuts.

i wish i had the cash for this sort of thing...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 16:23   #4 (permalink)
Holdenh8er

but manuals are soo much better don't you all agree
Old 02-18-2002, 22:03   #5 (permalink)
ben

im an old fogie when it comes to this

i have my standard 120kW EA 3sp and im so happy with its comfortability and power, i mean it picks up fully where u need it to and if your at 60 and slap it into 1 it BOLTS

i cant imagine what an MPI would do, let alone a manual MPI, let alone a manual MPI with mods, let alone Bass's MPI manual with mods....hehe

ill own a performance car one day, but i dont think it will be for city travel.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 22:39   #6 (permalink)
Westkoast EA S2

Ben

I have a 89 series 2 EA gl cfi 3.9 i/6,the series 2 has a btr 4 spd with power-4250rpm change + econ 3250rpm,these figures are the same as the power / torque peaks...no?My question is BEN when you are pulling away with the taps wide open ,what is the speed ( kmph ) your box changes from 1st to 2nd to 3rd???-mine are as follows ( aprox -no bullshit please )

(with power mode on , running pulp.)

1st to 2nd = 45 ish kmph
2nd to 3rd = 90 flat kmph
3rd to 4th = 4th is overdriven gear, and ive never held it flat thro 3rd ... a land speed record attempt is the only time you would.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:27   #7 (permalink)
Back on the road again

My gear changes

My Auto EB fairmont Ghia 4sp will change at the following with the power on and running pulp

1->2 72ish
2->3 110ish
3->4 150ish

This is from a standing start, floored all the way until it runs out of gogo at around 180.

falconnsw@hotmail.com
Aiming for the Best EB Ghia
whataboutBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:37   #8 (permalink)
-

Re: My gear changes

i have a 3spd cfi series one EA. i get changes at

1->2 70km
2->3 130km

this is absolutely pushing it to the floor, changes at 4000rpm. if i hold gears to 4500 with the tbar i get about 10 extra km per gear.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:41   #9 (permalink)
Falcon OOmph

With regards to gear change, at least on the 3 speed, it depends on how you are flooring the car and tension of your kickdown cable. Basically once it starts to labour it will go up a gear.

Gear ratios are the same on 3 speed and 4 (except for the 4th obviously) but the diff is slightly shorter on the 4 speed, which means it would up a gear at a lower speed (but same given RPM). I have a 3 speed and when fully floored it will kick up at around 80 kph @ approx 4300 rpm which seems to be consistent with your figures for the 4 speed.

Hope that helps...
Old 02-24-2002, 20:32   #10 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

FASTER!!!

Just went driving with mates,and really put my foot down,floored it infact(first time!)ive just been babying it because its my 1st car bla bla bla...anyway

flat to the floor is REALLY

1ST TO 2ND 75 KMPH

2ND TO 3RD 95ish( just under 100) KMPH

it kicked into 3RD at 95 & i reved it to 170 >

Fastest ive had it + im getting EB tail lights,
and 15'' EB fairmont alloys wiv 235s 50 series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons