JIM MOCK or HERROD EXHAUST - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 18:11   #1 (permalink)

JIM MOCK or HERROD EXHAUST

wanted to get an exhaust system for my BA XR6 N/A.

Its either JIM MOCK or HERROD. i think Herrod is about $200 cheaper and has a twin exhaust, while JM has a bigger single one.

What are you thoughts/experiences???
baXR6nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 18:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: JIM MOCK or HERROD EXHAUST

forgot to mention that this is Full System Inc Headers and High Flow Catalytic Converters
Old 04-04-2005, 19:36   #3 (permalink)

did u get my PM ?

for a xr6 n/a i definetly wouldnt recommend herrod, and would prefer JMM over herrod any day. u dont get what u pay for with herrods, u get what u pay for with JMM. both ultimatley the same but JMM believes that their extractors can whack out 30kw ....

depends what u are looking for with ur car? do u want awesome sound or a really fast car etc?

i've shoved on a lukey ultraflow and a tiny straight resonator at the back, which most ppl do and it sounds much better than a JMM exhaust note, its deep in 4th gear or so but really rumbly and thoraty in fisrt and 2nd... i wasn't happy with it though as it tended to moan a fair bit as i wanted a crispier and throaty note.. so i went with the next best thing, the lukey race just this morning.. louder and more throttley in 4th gear and throatier,. but u loose a fair bit off deepness but u dont really notice it newayz..

newayz pm back..for best places etc
fprxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 22:41   #4 (permalink)

yep got it.. just added u on msn.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:52   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i rang svo and talked to mick webb about this subject and he reckons that HM are the go with exractors, high flow cat and zorst for $1450 (he was 95% sure it's stainless....) i would prefer 100% but it was already 5pm and i caught him on his way out i think. lol. he said that they add fair whack of torque down low in the rev range... best for road going cars.

(also lots cheaper than JMM and Herrod)
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:53   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

what does anyone know about HM? i had a hm headers and cat on my ea and was very pleased but the ba may be different???
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:54   #7 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

(sorry to hi-jack the thread. lol)
Old 04-05-2005, 15:33   #8 (permalink)

its ok, the more info the better... any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2005, 18:36   #9 (permalink)

the thing that bothered me with mick was that he said 2 come down over the fone and he'd show me what he can do for an xr6 n/a
went down and he didnt really do anything
and i asked about exhaust over fone and said i want 2 use lukey and he said its junk...they waste too much money on advertising but not enough on their products

went down there and he had no exhaust 2 show me, he just refered me to Performance Exhaust down the road where he gets all the stuff and i said, well what brand will they use. and he goes who knows, they mix brands , they may even use lukey. he didnt even try to convince me to get a catback system done from his "contacts", there was a lot of i dunno's ..didnt really help me. and so obviously if some1 at carline mufflers is guarenteeing me that he can give me a tough growl with a lump idle etc etc , to a person who is tellin me 2 get this and that and doesn't know what the outcome will be.. obviously im goin 2 go 2 some1 who knows what theyr on bout..
fprxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:46   #10 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

and the people who know what they're on about are JMM?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons