Is this a joke? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 07:08   #1 (permalink)

Is this a joke?

If anyone read the Motortrend article about the GR-1 concept, they reckon it'll have a 7.0L 'hurricane' V8........
What a load of BULLSH*T. Are Motor Trend dumb or what? Ford already cancelled the hurricane project, and here they are making a rumour about an even bigger V8? Are they trying to keep our hopes up, cus seriously....it's not funny. I Hate when a good rumour comes out about ford, and then it remains that....a rumour. I'm not gonna say 'imagine that engine in a falc' cus i dont wanna keep my hopes up. And they go and say something about a 7L V10 instead of the 6.4, thats bullsh*t. Sheesh i think that even the 6.4 is gonna be just a rumour. Man, this stuff gets up my nerves. Until isee it, i wont belieive it. actually i think they had a working 6.4L V10 in the cobra concept........so forget what i said about the 6.4
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 07:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: Is this a joke?

I understand the anger. Imagine that V10 in a Falcon, how dare they make us drool over such a thought, now im angry!
Old 04-23-2005, 22:26   #3 (permalink)

Stop drooling. By the time we get it, if we get it, premium unleaded will be $1.50 per litre or more.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:14   #4 (permalink)

lol
Old 04-24-2005, 04:15   #5 (permalink)

lol it is now like $1.50c.p.l
Old 04-26-2005, 01:18   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3984cc
lol it is now like $1.50c.p.l
Yeah - funny that, 4 or so weeks ago, I trade in my nice economical SP23 for the XR6T. Same week, fuel goes from $1.08 to $1.26.. And of course, do you think I can resist putting the boot into the turbo... NO! :)

Ahh well, in 20 years, at least I'll be able to tell the kids what it was like to own a muscle car before all that dinosaur juice went bye byes.
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:48   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
Yeah - funny that, 4 or so weeks ago, I trade in my nice economical SP23 for the XR6T. Same week, fuel goes from $1.08 to $1.26.. And of course, do you think I can resist putting the boot into the turbo... NO! :)

Ahh well, in 20 years, at least I'll be able to tell the kids what it was like to own a muscle car before all that dinosaur juice went bye byes.
Thread hijack: So were you particularly unhappy with the SP23? I test drove one a few weeks ago. Nice drive but very cheap feel (kinda like a new Falcon, lol). Not good value at $35,000 on the road I thought (that's with the leather and Bose pack). The red instruments look stupid and the clear plastic heater controls look like they came from a kid's toy. (Also acres of plastic under the hood including the intake manifold) and only a tiny single electric cooling fan.
I think the Subaru Impreza RS 2.5L hatch is a better car and $2000 cheaper, Although the SP23 had a lot more gear, 4 more airbags for a start, but no standard cruise control. Both make about the same power on regular unleaded but the Suby has a much higher fuel consumption due to AWD. 13.6L/100KM city for a 4 cylinder is rediculous, thats Falcon high.
Anyway before anyone tells me to go find a Mazda forum or whatever remember Mazda is a Ford owned product. Yes it was me who was slagging off Subaru's a few months ago, but I have since driven one and seen the light also. BTW: the electric window switches on a Hyundai Getz light up at night also, this was one of the "quality" features noted in a prevoius post that the Subaru had over a Falcon, lol.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:26   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski

Come on the XR6 Turbo is a nice car, but the term "Muscle Car" made me laugh.....
xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 22:35   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Thread hijack: So were you particularly unhappy with the SP23? I test drove one a few weeks ago. Nice drive but very cheap feel (kinda like a new Falcon, lol). Not good value at $35,000 on the road I thought (that's with the leather and Bose pack). The red instruments look stupid and the clear plastic heater controls look like they came from a kid's toy. (Also acres of plastic under the hood including the intake manifold) and only a tiny single electric cooling fan.
Nope, I loved it. Got rid of it because the missus wanted an auto and I needed something that could tow. There is a tow pack for the SP23, but hey - I wanted an XR6T.

As for the Mazda, the only problems I had was road noise and about 25 Kw short in power. Based on the recent cars I've driven hard, it kicks the crap out of the Commodore SV6, falcon XR6T, corolla sportivo and Golf GTI (2003 model) for on road dynamics. With more power, it'd be one helluva a car for quick twisty touring - for a front wheel driver its the best I've driven. I personally wouldn't take the impreza RS over it because why replace an underpowered car with an even more underpowered car - I'm all for enjoying what I'm forking out for? The interior *shrug* each to their own, I liked mine, but haven't seen the leather. The price *shrug* haggle - everything is negotiable. I know of people getting into standard SP23s for around the 29k mark drive away. Most people just aren't willing to walk out on a deal, if you shop around there is ALWAYS someone willing to do a deal if its not unreasonable.
Old 04-28-2005, 22:39   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb351coupe
Come on the XR6 Turbo is a nice car, but the term "Muscle Car" made me laugh.....
Maybe not a muscle car standard, but with an edit and some 13 second passes I'm sure it will qualify. Although you might have to add an extra 2 cylinders for some people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons