Just ordered my XR6 Thanks to all for the help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2005, 22:28   #1 (permalink)

Just ordered my XR6 Thanks to all for the help

Hi Guys.

I posted a little while ago asking for some assistance with the purchase of a 1 year old BA XR6.. thanks for everyone that gave me help and advice it was very much appreciated.

So.. the news is that I bit the bullet and decided to buy new. I ordered it today, XR6 MkII, in Rapid Yellow and got $2k worth of extras per Ford's current deal.. scrapped the leather and went for premium sound system, limited slip diff and some other bits and pieces.

I have to say that I pained over the colour for a while.. if Ford still offered Blueprint I would have taken it without reservation but regarding the new blues, the Dark blue is too dark.. bitch to keep clean and spoils the black trims etc .. and the new "velocity" blue just didn't grab me (looks a bit "sunbleached" to me). But the yellow is mucho awesome.. I had to think VERY carefully before buying such a bold colour (ie will I be sick of it in 2 years).. but overall it makes the XR6 look far more "muscle" than the muted tones on most of the other colours. I'll tint the windows and it will look ROCK HARD.

Thanks again for all the help. Can't wait to get it now !!

Cheers

1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 01:39   #2 (permalink)
XR Madness!

biggrin Re: Just ordered my XR6 Thanks to all for the help

Well that's absulutly fantastic to here. I also love the colour and the tinted windows will be a big bonus in the 'looks' department.

Happy motoring dude
Old 03-22-2005, 02:38   #3 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

Re: Just ordered my XR6 Thanks to all for the help

hey man, ive just ordered myself a rapid falcon. i think the colour will make ppls heds turn. i went for the 18's rather than the standard xr6 mags. also i will get the darkest legal window tint, black strips down the sides, black mesh in the front bumper, dual exhaust out the back, blah blah blah. just wundring was yours a mach II??? also i want to get a big snorkel under the bonnet so that the engine can breathe better.....
KINKSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:00   #4 (permalink)

I changed my order to the Blue SHOCKWAVE colour.

I decided that I did not want to risk getting sick of the Yellow in a year or two..and I don't really like turning heads really.. I decided to play it safe and go for a tamer colour.

The darker blue will be a bit harder to keep clean, but I have a darker blue car now and I enjoy washing the suckers anyway. The Velocity blue (lighter) looks OK on the road but it's gonna age quickly.. it looks washed out to me... it's a nice GHIA colour but doesn't look like I want an XR6 to look.

I don't regret changing from the yellow at all.. the Shockwave looks rock hard and RAPID yellow was too much of a gamble.. I am gonna have this thing for 10 years so I didn't want to wake up in 3 years and wonder why I went for such a loud colour.

Old 03-26-2005, 23:48   #5 (permalink)

I've just ordered an XR6 too, but I like the Velocity (lt. blue). so that's the colour that I've ordered. I originally liked Envi (still do) but I thought that it's getting a bit too popular, it'll get like the Grant Hackett Gold in the Holden range was a few years ago. So I've gone for a colour which is not so common. I've only seen a couple on the streets around Bendigo so far. Only nine days to go, can't wait.
palex xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 13:12   #6 (permalink)

9 days ? How are you getting it so quickly ? I was told I had to wait around 4 weeks at least.

I've optioned mine up with premium sound, LSD, side air bags and a few other bits and pieces, I assume you've done the same with Ford's current offer of $2k of extras ?

Old 03-28-2005, 14:21   #7 (permalink)

I know how you feel about the colours. I currently have a Blueprint XR6. I really wasn't happy when I had to put my order in for my new company car and found there was no Blueprint anymore. The new colours just don't cut it. Shockwave is 2 shades too dark and Velocity is 2 shades too light. Besides I couldn't have these out of protest. (that'll show em eh ....)

Lightning Strike I think is now the pick of the colours but my wife has a Territory in that so I can't have that. Envi looks ok but doesn't grab me (looks really good on the 2 tone Territorys though). The yellow is too bold for me, Black looks good on porches and bmws only. The pearl blue looks really classy on the ghias with the complementary chrome but is not available on XRs. THe new orange and zest are horrible IMO.

So, in the end I went with Mercury Silver (the metallic grey) over red or white but I gotta be honest, I'm really not very excited about it.

Bring back blueprint !!!!!!!!!!
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 15:18   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000
9 days ? How are you getting it so quickly ? I was told I had to wait around 4 weeks at least.

I've optioned mine up with premium sound, LSD, side air bags and a few other bits and pieces, I assume you've done the same with Ford's current offer of $2k of extras ?

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago. If I wanted an auto I could have got one from the caryards own stock, but I wanted a manual and so they said they couldn't find one in the state and so it had to be built specially for me. I ordered premium sound, towpack, XR mats etc. (yeah, with the $2000 deal on offer) Seven days to go. Pete.
Old 03-28-2005, 15:23   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhubarb
I know how you feel about the colours. I currently have a Blueprint XR6. I really wasn't happy when I had to put my order in for my new company car and found there was no Blueprint anymore. The new colours just don't cut it. Shockwave is 2 shades too dark and Velocity is 2 shades too light. Besides I couldn't have these out of protest. (that'll show em eh ....)

Lightning Strike I think is now the pick of the colours but my wife has a Territory in that so I can't have that. Envi looks ok but doesn't grab me (looks really good on the 2 tone Territorys though). The yellow is too bold for me, Black looks good on porches and bmws only. The pearl blue looks really classy on the ghias with the complementary chrome but is not available on XRs. THe new orange and zest are horrible IMO.

So, in the end I went with Mercury Silver (the metallic grey) over red or white but I gotta be honest, I'm really not very excited about it.

Bring back blueprint !!!!!!!!!!
I like Mercury Silver. I would have chosen that colour but I hadn't seen that colour on the road prior to making my choice (Velocity, as I mentioned in an earlier thread) Have you got yours yet? Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons