Leaks, Leaks and More Leaks!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2003, 22:27   #1 (permalink)

mad Leaks, Leaks and More Leaks!!!!!

Hey Guys,

Some advise. Check your car for water leaking into the cabin.

I have found 3 separate points on my car where water is leaking in.

I was initially prompted to check everything after discovering a water leak into my car which soaked the entire floor pan.

After Sydney's week of heavy rain i decided to have a look under the carpet. (considering the history of ford's and their various waterleaks)

1. Dealer found a tear in the seal around the rear quarter glass window on the drivers side. Window Replaced, seems to be ok now.

2. Leak around left boot hinge, under glass. This leak will only occur if you have your car parked on a forward angle. The hinge area allows water into the boot which then trickles under the rear seat. (this leak was the one that filled the floor pan and completely soaked the rear seat.

3. Leak into front footwell coming from left side under all the wiring connectors. This one has been happening for a while as the thick sound deadening mat has a green mould growing in it.

I'll by asking the dealer for new carpet as well as new sound deadening.

It disgusts me that a brand new car has this level of poor quality. I have made the decision that no matter what ford bring out in the future that this will be the last ford i ever own. After owning 7 fords, i can't believe that the quality levels are still declining with every new model that comes out.
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2003, 23:16   #2 (permalink)
AUIIIXR6VCT

MMM, this is starting to become a bit of a worry, specially for you considering what you went through with the AU S!

Maybe those Holdens arent as bad as we all think. After all this i think the AUIII will be my last Ford, which really depreses me considering what they have to offer.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:29   #3 (permalink)
gone

The cars been sitting in the rain all day and night for the last 3 weeks, no water leaks here!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 03:37   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

yeah same..no water leaks here. Thats one good thing :)
Put the cover on though melbourne supposed to get hail...eeek
Old 05-19-2003, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

And if these are to be the last Ford's you ever own,what are you going to switch too,because as far as I'm concerned,every new car wether we like it or not will have numarous defects in their model's,Ford,Holden ,Toyota,etc will always have some faults to bring the brand name down,I know it must be anoying to have leaks and faults but if you think changing brand's is going to solve the problem then maybe you should think again.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 04:12   #6 (permalink)
AUIIIXR6VCT

True Mr Galaxy, but why are problems so common< like brake shutter and so on. I don't get Ford, they finally get a decent car, but wont spend the extra penny's on decent brakes discs.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:55   #7 (permalink)

Galaxy XR8,

See the other post about the 10,000km report. My other car is a 2002 Subaru Imprezza RS 2.5Litre, it has not had a single fault since brand new. I will be going to the dealer for the FIRST time for a service next week.

The falcon has been back more times than i care to count. It goes back in on Wednesday yet again to fix the exact same three things it went in for last time. Water leaks into the cabin, rear hand brake which rubs, and a coolant leak.

There is life outside of Ford, its called a Japanese car. SUre there could be a problematic case in every brand, however i believe that ford have a higher number of problem cars than compared to a japanese car company. I know many people with Toyota's, Subaru's (including myself) who have never had a problem.

Out of the 7 fords i have owned not one has been problem free.......

I think its unacceptable for a car which cost over $40k to be returned to the dealer once a week since new. THe car has not yet been on the road for a full week since i have had it. Absolutely disgusting, and i'm starting to get pissed.

If anyone asks me what it think of the BA i will say, the car looks great, and drives well, but it's still a piece of shit when it comes to reliability, and i would most definately discourage anyone from buying one...

This is not a dig at the dealer, they have tried to be as helpfull as they can, they did not build the car, they can only patch up the factory's sloppy quality control.
Old 05-19-2003, 15:44   #8 (permalink)

RE leaks and Quality control

I agree with DK, the quality control has to lift up a notch, I realise there is extreme time pressure constraints, I wouldn't want to personally work on an assembly line, but for some of the crap that get churned out it make you wonder what the hell is going on with them.
The things that annoy me are the human factor errors, brake shudder etc is just tight arse engineering, but clips not fitted, sealant and paint not applied properly, WTF were they thinking.
I finally gave the XR6 a proper hammering against a S V6 monaro, it had no problems keeping up and hauled it in under brakes and corners, but now the brakes have a shudder, DOH, I waited 12000kms and looked after the brakes and 1 session of fun, Grrrr, not happy Jan.
What the hell is wrong with brake rotors today, I had an L-34 with standard disks and metalking pads and I could thrash that till the rotors went dull red, I even had the caliper flare up, where there was a bit of excess rubber grease, It never gave me one bit of trouble, but it was a total bitch to when cold, so I guess thats the trade off.
baxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 23:25   #9 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

i took mine back in the first week as there was a split drivers door rubber and water was getting in...they fixed it, and alls well - will check for other leaks though now.
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:33   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by galaxy xr8
And if these are to be the last Ford's you ever own,what are you going to switch too,because as far as I'm concerned,every new car wether we like it or not will have numarous defects in their model's,Ford,Holden ,Toyota,etc will always have some faults to bring the brand name down,I know it must be anoying to have leaks and faults but if you think changing brand's is going to solve the problem then maybe you should think again.
Care to post some examples? I'm the only person in my family that buys Australian ... my parents have had Hondas, BMWs, Mercs, Toyotas, and Range Rovers. No issues with any of them. Top notch build quality, no mechanical dramas, and certainly no leaks.

My BA has been mechanically trouble free other than the diff clunk that Ford as usual refuse to acknowledge as a problem, but the paint work is absolute shite. Dark bumpers, stripes in the paint on the doors. I thought this was a BA issue til I saw an AU III XR8 in silver that looked like a zebra.

I echo dk's sentiment .... the quality is, on some cars, sub-par. Our next car will be an import.
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons