little help, fellas? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2004, 03:27   #1 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

little help, fellas?

well, the last couple of months have been a shitful time for myself, where a lot of money has been lost due to stupid mistakes, and every time i get on top of it something seems to go out of my way, well, that's enough about me, cos it's a little off topic:D

the problem at hand; well there's two, but one is the concern for the hour, my car has been involved in two incidents, which i take full responsibility for, and yes i might have been stupid in certain situations but nonetheless i do not make excuses.

first of all, i ran into the back of another car, a 4wd mind you, who came off scratch free, but left me with a nice quote of $3500 damage to the front end, i copped a nice tow bar through the front bar, which managed to pull a few of the things in, my aircon condensor now rests against the radiator, the headlights have been pushed out of place, and the bonnet got pushed up, but that's okay, insurance is coving it, mind you, with a nice excess price too!

second to that, in a very rushed effort to get to work one morning, i left my driveway claiming the life of a nice tree branch, which i should have seen coming, but obviously didn't.. which left a nice pushed up bootlid (you can see inside the boot) and a smashed rhs tail light, and maybe a few scratches.
this is not covered by insurance, and have been quoted $600 for repairs, which is obviously brand new stuff.

my question: is there somewhere i can get a second hand heritage boot lid? apparantly it doesn't matter if it's a gli cos i have the fairmont chrome on my old one obviously, and also a tail light... this would save the $600 and probably save me a fair bit of money at the same time.

i propose a day for anyone who'd like to help me because im a sad bastard in regards to fixing cars, and would probably require more than me to fit a boot lid.

so would anyone like to help me find places, prices and help fit those things with me?

obviously post here...

cheers guys.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:32   #2 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Re: little help, fellas?

yeeeeah, can a mod move this to e-series gen chat please.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons