The Little Things - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2003, 21:33   #1 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

The Little Things

Damn Ford annoy me! Lookin at a Black GT in Jarvis Ford the other day and admiring it, then noticing that it's leather seats have red GT symbols stitched into them but the badges on the outside of the car are detailed in blue! See a nice Blood Orange V8 ute drive past with a disgusting Red 8 on the back. Same with a orange turbo, bloody RED TURBO badge on an orange car! Want a leather interior in ya orange car an ya get red XR in the seats, yet the instruments are bright blue! 500 million bucks to develop a car and they can't even match colours that don't clash! I mean they have Black badges for the red cars why not the orange ones? How hard would it be to offer leather with blue detailing as an option as well? Come on FORD lift ya game. For $40000+ i expect a bit better.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2003, 04:30   #2 (permalink)
Was XLS, now XR8 UTE!!

my ute is Citric Acid with black leather and the red XR stitched in..

i went to the dealer yesterday to see how far away it is anyways, he told me that they do an after market ket and you can have whatever colour you want..

im spewin now that he told me that, or else i would have gone the after market with Citric acid stitching all over the black leather!

all well, the utes ready, just gotta wait for the sucker to be delivered and tint, hard top ect ect to be put on and then my baby will be home!!

whoo hoo cant wait!
Old 05-25-2003, 17:31   #3 (permalink)

Pick mine up tomorrow.
Blood orange XR6T sedan.
Black leather with blood orange leather inserts, blood orange stitching and blood orange "XR" embroided
Reckon its goina look trick!!
Will post picks tomorrow.
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 19:31   #4 (permalink)

the badge problem has been fixed and from now on black badges will appear on Blood Orange vehicles. As for the Leather it would be nearly impossible for ford to stock all colors to match the cars on a high flow production line.
delatite-ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 20:54   #5 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

At one stage I was interested in a phantom XR8, but didnt like the interior options, I believed that if I was going to part with $50k +, at least I should be able to add my touches pre delivery. Ford said no way to my requests. A sydney dealer was prepared to swap interiors for the sale, They were going to remove the interior from one to another. (No problems was his reply, if thats what you want, for the sale it's done). As long as requests are not way over the top, and most importantly will not leave the dealer stranded, anything is just about possible (well near anything).

In the long run I opted out, really a interior set at manufacture, only to be removed and replaced......too much mucking about

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 02:46   #6 (permalink)

Not really. Done a few times on other cars. Besides, good aftermarket Leather done by a good trimmer to your specs is much better then factory stuff.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons