Mercury Silver - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 23:03   #1 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Mercury Silver

Hi All,

Can people who've received cars recently in Merc Silver let me know what the paint and colour match quality is like?

I still have time to change colours if need be although I don't want to. I wonder how uncle Dave's GT-P paintjob is.....
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2003, 05:50   #2 (permalink)

mine is very good
Old 05-23-2003, 17:54   #3 (permalink)
BA at last

I've found it to be fine. I also had some concerns with things I was hearing about paint matching etc with this colour but no problems.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
It finally arrived May'03

Just picked up mine yesterday. In the sun today, the colour looks great - even the adjoining plastic bits (ie bumper, skirts, etc.) match really well. Don't be fooled by the dapple light as it looks like the paint could be mismatched, but it full light it is great!

Just a thought, at the same time I picked up mine there was another XR6 in the same colour with dark tint on the windows. It look excellent with tint - so I will do the same, especially the dark tint.

Happy drivin'
MercSilvXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 00:04   #5 (permalink)
OFR No.33

Thumbs up

Got the Turbo in Mercury silver with tinted windows, looks awesome and no problem with quality of the finish. Couldnt be happier.
Had the car 7000km and 3months and just came inside from 3 hours of cleaning it and smiling the whole time while doing it.
geea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:42   #6 (permalink)
gone

Geea

Welcome to forums, hope you enjoy!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 03:29   #7 (permalink)

In full sunlight, it's not too bad... not much colour difference apparent between bumpers/panels, and striping down doors not immediately apparent.

In artificial or lower light, the bumpers make it look like it's been resprayed, they are quite noticeably darker. From some shallower angles, there are very prominent stripes down the doors.

If I was buying, I'd steer clear. Mainly because every time I see a merc falcon, I give it a good looking over, and most I see have similar (sometimes worse) paint problems. I suppose I should be glad Ford didn't offer a straight silver (which I'd have liked)....
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 17:21   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I think Ford have done a good job on my FPV in Mercury. I wouldn't see any reason to steer away from the colour based on quality issues.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons