is modifying an esp xe sacrilidge? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 00:52   #1 (permalink)

is modifying an esp xe sacrilidge?

ive stripped my esp down for a freshen up and cant decide to do a stock reco on th engine(maybe a bit of a cam) or do something special.money isnt the problem its the moral issue of tampering with originality.what should i do?
ebv888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2004, 00:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: is modifying an esp xe sacrilidge?

My personal opinion is as follows: Modding an engine for performance gains/reliablity isn't a problem in my books and keeping all records in a folder shows you cared should you come to selling it. regarding body wise and trim I think originality is best, especially considering the "look" of a stock ESP is what made it stand out over the lesser models..even keeping the original gold snow flake pattern rims would be my first preference. Good luck as I think you own one of the best Fords to leave the plant.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:03   #3 (permalink)

For my money there's nothing wrong with improving the functionality of a classic/collectable.By that I mean improving engine,suspension and brake performance and adding after market wheels and tyres.The thing is;its got to look like an ESP from the outside and when you look inside the same thing applies.The engine bay is a bit one way or the other.A restored XY GT engine can be modified internally and apart from extractors, look totally stock and some are blatently modified.Your choice I reckon but I bet Original appearance brings more bucks.
RDynamic white, 17" EB GT's, King Superlow, Nolathane, EF block, Genie Extractors, 3'' exhaust, pod, crane cam.
Manual conversion, Extreme Clutch.
fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:20   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Keep all the original parts and go for it. If you're worried about originality (good on you) don't do any changes you can't undo in the future.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:04   #5 (permalink)
goooone

I was going to get an ESP when I was after a car but ended up not because I couldn't bring myself to modify one. I think if I was going to do one I'd get a 6 pot one cause there not worth anything & wouldn't feel guilty modding it but I'd probably leave say a manual 351 one alone but as long as the mods are reversable I wouldn't stress just don't go cutting things up for mini tubs etc if you were going to go extreme you might as well start with a pleb model.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 23:23   #6 (permalink)
It pays to be aboard FORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Keep all the original parts and go for it. If you're worried about originality (good on you) don't do any changes you can't undo in the future.
What he says.

Dumb pc
AUIII XR8 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 23:34   #7 (permalink)
heard it before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv888
ive stripped my esp down for a freshen up and cant decide to do a stock reco on th engine(maybe a bit of a cam) or do something special.money isnt the problem its the moral issue of tampering with originality.what should i do?
if you're only talking about engine i reckon do what you like as they can be returned to stock(i'd rather buy on thats been done up as i could then say thats how i bought it if someone is whining)

wheels . keep orininal ones somewhere and put on what you like
interior, dont touch exept the stereo
body ,, i never liked the silver over black

if it was/is a six cylinder do what you like as i did(351 conversion duel fuel)(was a rusty old bomb to start with but still a nice car)(like EBXR6 i had i don't want another)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:02   #8 (permalink)

thanks for your opinions gentlemen.most other ignorant people say its a bloody falcon get rid of it(when hell freezes over).i ve had it since 1990 and its been my most reliable car ever-302\C4 and i dont think i will ever sell it.im lucky enough now to be able to take it off the road for a full resto since buying the eb xr8(another damn fine ford product-similar styling to the esp which is why i have always liked em). i will keep it original save for the b45s which have been on it since 92-still have snowies.interior orig-motor undecided but 351 most likely.being a tamworth car most of its life it has NO rust.will keep you informed of progress.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:04   #9 (permalink)

sorry deankdx but she is silver on black with yellow stripe-polished b45s
Old 11-23-2004, 04:44   #10 (permalink)
Own the road

You have any pics to share..
I love the XE ESP, I searched for one for ages and ended up giving up when I came accross a very nice EB ghia.

225.7rwkw with BluePower tune
myte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons