More grunt for AUII - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 02:54   #1 (permalink)

More grunt for AUII

My daily driver is an AUII Futura wagon 4.0l that is mainly used to take the rugrats to school and the occaisional trip away. It seems a bit dead down low on initial take off and doesn't seem to get going until about 2500 to 3000 rpm.
Has anyone here tried different cams and/or exhaust systems to improve this?
Was thinking of a Crow cam, extractors and a performance type exhaust system, but thought I'd ask for advice here first.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 21:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: More grunt for AUII

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
My daily driver is an AUII Futura wagon 4.0l that is mainly used to take the rugrats to school and the occaisional trip away. It seems a bit dead down low on initial take off and doesn't seem to get going until about 2500 to 3000 rpm.
Has anyone here tried different cams and/or exhaust systems to improve this?
Was thinking of a Crow cam, extractors and a performance type exhaust system, but thought I'd ask for advice here first.
TRY JIM MOCK MOTORSPORT IN ALTONA VICTORIA . HE SELLS STALL CONVERTERS FOR AU's . WONT EFFECT FUEL ECONOMY BECAUSE THEY LOCK UP IN TOP GEAR , BUT IT WILL GET UP AND BOOGIE BETTER OFF THE MARK. ABOUT $650 OR ABOUT $900 INSTALLED WITH TRANNY COOLER.
sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 22:37   #3 (permalink)

Hadn't thought about that! Cheers.

If the headgasket goes again before 100,000 km (was done at 45,000), I'm gunna spit it and throw a 5.0litre in.
Old 01-18-2006, 16:26   #4 (permalink)

biggrin Re: More grunt for AUII

Quote:
Hadn't thought about that! Cheers.

If the headgasket goes again before 100,000 km (was done at 45,000), I'm gunna spit it and throw a 5.0litre in.
try a composite head gasket not a standard ford one , big difference !
Old 01-18-2006, 17:09   #5 (permalink)

Was done under warranty at 45k, so it had Ford stuff used. When you say composite gasket, do you mean like a graphite one? We have been experimenting at work with different types. I reckon I would have done at least 20 EA to EL headgaskets last year.
Old 01-18-2006, 19:33   #6 (permalink)
Burnout King

Punch the cat con out!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 17:25   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Was done under warranty at 45k, so it had Ford stuff used. When you say composite gasket, do you mean like a graphite one? We have been experimenting at work with different types. I reckon I would have done at least 20 EA to EL headgaskets last year.
YEAH STEEL LAYERS
Old 01-23-2006, 03:53   #8 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: More grunt for AUII

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasty
Punch the cat con out!!!
This will do little if anything to improve performance. If you read around the forums a bit you'll notice that the falcon cats are considered to be very good flowing and better than alot of aftermarket ones.

In addition to doing absolutely nothing, you could cop a $20,000 fine for removing an emissions control device.

Please don't promote illegal behavior in these forums- does nothing good for our reputation.
307Nm@3750rpm (Flywheel)
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 17:54   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmelon
This will do little if anything to improve performance. If you read around the forums a bit you'll notice that the falcon cats are considered to be very good flowing and better than alot of aftermarket ones.

In addition to doing absolutely nothing, you could cop a $20,000 fine for removing an emissions control device.

Please don't promote illegal behavior in these forums- does nothing good for our reputation.
I AGREE TOTALLY , LEAVE THE HOON FACTOR AT THE TRACK
Old 01-27-2006, 19:24   #10 (permalink)
speedracer

Stall converters are great but seriously why would you fit a 3000 stally to a family car very soon im in the process of fitting a 2500 as the standrad is only 1800-1900 fords need a better first gear ratio.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons