Ford Forums banner

More MKII Delays

6K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  mte351 
#1 ·
Hi all,
As what XR8888 said on a previous thread my MKII XR8 6p ute on order also has been delayed till the 19th nov( no explaination, was told 1st 3 days ago) told him about XR8888,s story But had not heared anything, so it sounds like there is delays for the 6 speed cars.
Not a happy camper!!!
This is sending me crazy
:nothpy:

#2 ·
Mine comes on monday, i got told it'll be late and should show up around the 15th but its on time again so im happy. Was 4 weeks yesterday, how long have you waited.

#4 ·
AUsome said:
I'll be more than happy to wait a bit longer for your car, if u wanna swap and take mine :angel:

Must be shit having to get told sorry your new cars going to be late, it will be another 3 weeks away or soemthin. I bet it will be worth it though :hy:
Sounds like it has boss edit, sorry another 3 weeks AGAIN.

#7 ·
XRQTOR said:
Mine comes on monday, i got told it'll be late and should show up around the 15th but its on time again so im happy. Was 4 weeks yesterday, how long have you waited.

Hi XRQTOR,
I have been waiting since the 20th august, thought i get in early but not the case.

#9 ·
Wade rocks said:
Hi all,
As what XR8888 said on a previous thread my MKII XR8 6p ute on order also has been delayed till the 19th nov( no explaination, was told 1st 3 days ago) told him about XR8888,s story But had not heared anything, so it sounds like there is delays for the 6 speed cars.
Not a happy camper!!!
This is sending me crazy
:nothpy:
Wade

Ring your dealer on Monday and ask him why the delay. I'll be interested to see if its the same story I got.

But don't worry mate....the 19th will come around quicker than you think.

Cheers

Brad

#10 ·
I signed for my car on the 3o/9 (thurs) and i dont think the order was actually put in till the folling tuesday as i couldnt make my mind up on the colour choice and the lux interior package.

#11 ·
I hear you, "xrqtor", ive just ordered my XR8 ute 2day and been told a Dec 15 delivery date, im still running the color through my head, ordered the Rapid Yellow as it looks awsome on the website, sometimes its better to stick 1st impressions, but c how we go!!!
Rapid yellow, You wouldn't call it a girls color would you???

#12 ·
mte351 said:
I hear you, "xrqtor", ive just ordered my XR8 ute 2day and been told a Dec 15 delivery date, im still running the color through my head, ordered the Rapid Yellow as it looks awsome on the website, sometimes its better to stick 1st impressions, but c how we go!!!
Rapid yellow, You wouldn't call it a girls color would you???
Mick Webb of SVO had his XR8 ute sprayed in a bright yellow, it absolutely shines. You made the right choice.

#13 ·
XRQTOR said:

All the informationt that I have is that the dealer should recieve this monday as well. With the public holiday on tuesday in melbourne metro. When should I reasonably expect delivery of my car and what is involved pre delivery. The dealer did tell me late friday saturday morning. Dose this sound right? (never got a brand spanker before)

#15 ·
scrantic said:
All the informationt that I have is that the dealer should recieve this monday as well. With the public holiday on tuesday in melbourne metro. When should I reasonably expect delivery of my car and what is involved pre delivery. The dealer did tell me late friday saturday morning. Dose this sound right? (never got a brand spanker before)
Basically its only rego, a good wash and clean of the inside. Getting all the required paperwork done. If your getting window tint or the tow kit they would be fitted. If mine hits the dealer tomorrow/monday i will be expecting it wensday or thursday friday at the latest.

#17 ·
Sorry to hear you guys are waiting and getting delivery dates set back.

I hope it's because orders are so good they can't make 'em quick enough!

But I'd bet it's some tech thing with new gearboxes or something like it.

Hope it's sorted soon and you guys get your new rides.

#18 ·
dunno if its the reason for the delay , but the plant is closed for afew days this week for territory re-tooling....

james

#20 ·
Wade- Nearly 3 months wait must be killin' ya mate lol[/QUOTE]

Yes its killing me dont have much hair left!
Started assembling today should see it 11/2 to 2 weeks at dealer if all goes well.

#23 ·
Darn Melbourne cup Hoilday you lot anyway back on topic back when holden launched the SS Vu my friends were told 6 months waiting so they went and bought a ford instead and havent looked back.

#24 ·
Sorry to gloat guys and gals but I picked up my MII XR8 last night, it's an Auto so possibly not effected as much. It's as specified below and what a great sound with the Herrod and SS gear. A nice low growl, threatening without being over the top, enough to turn heads even at low rev's. trouble is I am off interstate today on business and won't get to play again until Tuesday. Will post some pic's when I have some time. All of you still waiting - it will be worth it.

#25 ·
This has alway been a problem with anybrand of car from about, early 90's in large cars, the moment you ask for a manual you have to wait. Back in Noverber 95, I order a XR6 ute with a 5sp. I pick the ute in 1st of March 96 because the ute had to be build as their was no manuals only autos. As I been told good thing come to those that wait.

#26 ·
XRDUST said:
Sorry to gloat guys and gals but I picked up my MII XR8 last night, it's an Auto so possibly not effected as much. It's as specified below and what a great sound with the Herrod and SS gear. A nice low growl, threatening without being over the top, enough to turn heads even at low rev's. trouble is I am off interstate today on business and won't get to play again until Tuesday. Will post some pic's when I have some time. All of you still waiting - it will be worth it.
Congrats on the car mate...hope you enjoy the ride.

Yes the delays only relate to the manuals...I saw a MkII XR8 Auto at my dealer 2 weeks ago today for sale on the lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.