More power for supercharged XR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2003, 21:16   #1 (permalink)

More power for supercharged XR8

Hey guys, I live in South Australia and own a black ba Xr8. Im not gonna try and sound like I know what im talkin about but here goes. I have been in contact with CAPA on numerous occasions about supercharging my car. Currently the max power they tell me they can get is between 300-320 kw's at the rear wheels. However, they also said if i waited another 3 or 4 weeks they will have a new kit out that will give more in the region of 350kw's at the rear wheels.

Whilst this is impressive i can't understand why there are already 2 or 3 Xr6 turbos with 400+ at the rear wheels. i know that they put a huge amount of boost through the turbo but why hasn't someone come up with a radical improvement for the V8. The supercharger kit only runs 8-9 pounds of boost. If they increase it could the engine, gearbox and diff still take it?

The crappiest thing tho is that the new commodores and monaros have kits capable of giving 560+ why is this?
Doeas anyone know of people that can get around the 400rwkw figure for the Xr8's, if so that would be greatly appreciated.
CHEERS....
Spoilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2003, 21:36   #2 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Re: More power for supercharged XR8

The only thing I know is that there isn't alot of room to work with in the engine bay, other than that bit of information that you would already know I can't gie you anything. :)
Old 09-22-2003, 21:53   #3 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

the cost of getting the Holdens that kind of power is a lot more than for the ford according to CAPA.
Old 09-22-2003, 22:52   #4 (permalink)

It all depends on how much money you have to spend to be able to get up into the 400+ rwkw region. I haven't done too much research on the BA's engine, trannies and diffs, but I would imagine that you should throw some extra money towards a shift kit and stronger diff to handle that kind of power. Other engine strengthening mods that will allow the standard engine to function under a lot less stress with a blower will also provide some extra berries at the wheels. With the right amount of spondoola's I cant see there would be any trouble getting 400rwkw's out of the BA's 8, but it may not be as easy as strapping on a blower and cranking up the boost.

Will you be able to retain your warranty with a blower?
bennoxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 23:47   #5 (permalink)

Wink

Thanx for that guys, and in terms of the warranty that goes straight out the window as soon as the blower goes on. However, I don't see any reason why if something goes, the blower comes off and the standard factory bits go back on. And even if that doesn't work the car will still bring a hell of alot of fun.....
Spoilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:15   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Maybe because the Boss is new to the game where as the Gen III and Ford's inline six has been around for a while and the knowledge on what work's best with them is there, give it time and you will find more company's expand their product range with the Boss and they will be able to take it right up to the competition,the Boss has allready shown it has potential.just look to the State's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:48   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I am amazed at the power they have at the moment! 320rwkw kits in 6 months. I think we have to be a little more patient. 5 years time someone will decide to do something like Laminge with a BA, and I'm quite sure 1000hp would be acheived easily.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:08   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Big power won't be real hard to get. Use the intercooled supercharger kit with a full Herrod exhaust, some head porting and maybe some bigger valves with some forged pistons and H beam rods from Sean Hyland Motorsport in the US to lower the compression ratio a bit and add more boost and 500rwkw would be a snack. Fuel system might need to be upgraded too. All it costs is money, how much are you prepared to spend. Isn't Zoom magazine going to do a supercharged XR8 as a project car in the near future. That should provide some ideas on how far you can go.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:52   #9 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

In the latest street machine they mention about the CAPA xr8 pullin 526 hp at the wheels (which is about 400kw's i think) witha larger blower runnin a 13 psi pulley an liquid/air cooler but otherwise stock engine.
It's only time which equalls development as the reason why their isn't mega hp kits available for the fords yet.
CAPA have said that the new BOSS V8 is a good thing and is better to blow than holdens gen3, so i reckon ya are gonna see some serious figures comin in the future.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:06   #10 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

I just want to know, but how the hell are you going to keep this thing on the road with that sort of horse power, wouldn't,(just as a point) be a bit of a wank factor to talk about down at the pub, or are you going to be doing a lot of strip work???

P.S There is no offence to be taken here, Our club president here in QLD has a Pursuit Ute (AU 3) that is developing close to 1000hp (when finished) I just think where can you use it.

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons