More Value in Falcon Range - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2004, 02:08   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

More Value in Falcon Range

The sports flavour and family appeal of the Ford BA Falcon has just been boosted across the range with the introduction of two special edition Falcon models and a bonus deal on Falcon XR8.

On the back of a record sales result for the BA Falcon XR range during March, Falcon XR8 is now available with 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and Prestige Audio System with LCD display screen and 6-disc in-dash CD player, all at no extra charge.

"The BA Falcon XR8 has never looked or sounded better," said Ford Australia Marketing and Sales Vice President Bruce McDonald.

"With a record number of the XR models sold during March, buyers clearly can't get enough of the BA Falcon's sports pedigree and exhilarating performance."

For the sports enthusiast, Ford has also introduced the BA Falcon SR, while the Falcon Classic has been designed to appeal to those looking for a family car for long journeys and family driving.

"With more than $6,000 worth of extra value in the sporty Falcon SR or the entertaining Falcon Classic, buyers now have two more great reasons to choose the multi-award winning BA Falcon," Mr McDonald said.

Based on the BA Falcon XT, both Falcon SR and Falcon Classic offer specific customer oriented features with either a 'sports' or 'family entertainment' flavour.

The exterior of the Falcon SR is enhanced with a V8 Supercar-inspired sports body kit, high arched rear wing spoiler and 17" seven-spoke alloy wheels. A unique 'SR' badge completes the sports exterior look, while the Sports Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) is added to the mechanical package.

Falcon Classic will impress passengers as much as the driver, boasting a DVD Entertainment System (DVD/CD/MP3 compatible) to keep the family happy and entertained on long trips. There is also a set of 16" five-spoke alloy wheels and a unique 'Classic' exterior badge to help it stand out on the road.

On the inside, both Falcon SR and Falcon Classic will feature a unique designer sports seat and door trim. Grey trim in a Warm Charcoal environment is the standard trim colour, although red or blue trim is available as an option, depending on the exterior colour chosen.

Falcon SR further adds to its impressive list of features with a sports style leather-wrapped steering wheel to complement the designer interior.

In addition to the standard specification of Falcon XT, Falcon SR and Falcon Classic are both equipped with Sequential Sports Shift automatic transmission, cruise control, Prestige Audio System with LCD display screen and 6-disc in-dash CD player, and rear power windows.

The recommended offer price of the Falcon SR and Falcon Classic is $34,860, excluding dealer delivery and statutory charges.

Falcon SR, Falcon Classic and Falcon XR8 will be available at Ford dealerships from May until the end of September, 2004.
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2004, 02:57   #2 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Re: More Value in Falcon Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
On the back of a record sales result for the BA Falcon XR range during March, Falcon XR8 is now available with 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and Prestige Audio System with LCD display screen and 6-disc in-dash CD player, all at no extra charge.
After poor silly buggers like me pay $1,500 extra for 18's and go from a AU2 XR8 ute with a 6 stacker as standard to a single CD player in the BA....well done again FORD!!.......thanks for nothing..
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:10   #3 (permalink)
freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod c
After poor silly buggers like me pay $1,500 extra for 18's and go from a AU2 XR8 ute with a 6 stacker as standard to a single CD player in the BA....well done again FORD!!.......thanks for nothing..
Thats the cost of being first!!!!! I still think my BA is as good a value today as it was yesterday. Wait till the next Commie is realeased and watch Ford bung in the free extras. Some thing never change.... Its the same on the other side of the fence.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
I feel sorry for you mate, but that's the way it goes,no use worrying about it,I bought a 200kw XR8 just a few week's before Ford released the 220kw,shit happen's.I got a good vehicle that drives good so that's all that really matter's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:43   #5 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I feel sorry for you mate, but that's the way it goes,no use worrying about it,I bought a 200kw XR8 just a few week's before Ford released the 220kw,shit happen's.I got a good vehicle that drives good so that's all that really matter's.
So true Galaxy, I suppose one day when I trade this thing in the same thing will happen 6 months after I have the new one.....always something better around the corner..
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:27   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
So true Galaxy, I suppose one day when I trade this thing in the same thing will happen 6 months after I have the new one.....always something better around the corner..
That's the spirit mate, just enjoy what you have.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:20   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Doh, doh, doh!

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:35   #8 (permalink)

Looks like BA series II is coming in September - Ford will try to keep the sales up while people wait for the VZ ( in August and then counter with series II in September. The carpoint site would seem to agree - below a copy of their guidelines for new models

August 2004

Audi A3 V6 - 3.2-litre, 176kW V6 quattro with 6sp paddle shift joins compact A3 lineup for $75k
Holden VZ Commodore - new 190kW V6 engine, new 5-sp auto for Australia's best sellerHyundai Tucson - compact 4WD with 2.4-litre 4cyl, 2.7-litre V6 and $30,000 pricetag
Kia Sportage - All new compact 4WD with 2.0-litre four and 2.7-litre V6 engine. No diesel
MG ZR - $34,000 compact hatchback joins the range with 1.8-litre engine
MG ZT 260 V8 - rear drive, 190kW V8 for $89,000. Sedan and wagon
Mitsubishi Colt - Tall-boy styling, corporate design, will compete with Barina, Fiesta et al
Mitsubishi Lancer - cosmetic facelift, possible bigger engine for VRX
Mitsubishi Outlander - cosmetic and maybe more power
Nissan Patrol - minor cosmetic update

September 2004

Ford BA Falcon Series II - cosmetic & mechanical tweaks, perhaps a little weight loss to tackle VZ
Hyundai Tiburon - mid cycle facelift for 4cyl and V6 sportscoupe
Jaguar S-Type - Subtle cosmetic surgery reskins the mid-sized cat, no major mechanical changes
Mercedes-Benz C-class - minor mid-life facelift with new engines and looks
Mercedes-Benz SLK - second generation coupe/cabrio 2-seat roadster with 200kW 3.5-litre V6
Proton Gen.2 - the name will probably change but this small 1.6 five-door sub $20,000 hatch is the Malaysian makers first fully in house developed replacement for the Persona.
Renault Kangoo - Second Renault commercial van arrives, smaller than Trafic
Volvo V50 - name change for S40-based wagon, built on Ford global platform
XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech), Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 17:48   #9 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

interesting to see mitsubishi bring back the colt name plate!
Old 04-30-2004, 23:57   #10 (permalink)

Pictures!!!
baxr6na is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons