Motor, November - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 20:34   #1 (permalink)

Motor, November

SV6 vs XR6 comparo

The SV6 got a pasting. Mickey T didn't mince his words. It's probably time for some of us Holden fans to eat humble pie (err, I refer to my own opinions ) and concede the SV6 has its shortcomings.

When driven in isolation, the SV6, I believe is a great car but a back-to-back comparo seems to bring the car undone in many areas, notably, NVH, ergonomics and material quality and general mechanical refinement.

I know VE is around the corner but that's just an excuse for below par efforts, methinks.
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2005, 20:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: Motor, November

Upload the stats for us pls.
Old 11-09-2005, 20:57   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN
Upload the stats for us pls.
Err would you believe I don't have any. :(

I spent the time reading it in the newsagents... while I wait for my subscription to arrive.

Although, I don't believe they had any performance stats... just a good review. If anything, MOtor's critique was harsher than Wheels' but at least Mickey T was able to articulate his comments better than the scribe from Wheels.

My comments above summarise Motor's review accurately. The Falcon just feels more modern and drives that way. BF really is Ford's 'VE'... that's the impression I'm getting.
Old 11-09-2005, 21:10   #4 (permalink)

fair enough.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:28   #5 (permalink)
FF Moderator

I've only seen the Wheels comparo between the SV6, XR6 and the VRX. The SV6 got a terrible rating 2.5 stars out of 5 and the BF XR6 4.5 I think. Having said that the all new VRX sounded surprisingly average for an all new model. The SV6 has an all new driveline (engine and gearbox) so I'm stuffed as to why it still remains so unrefined as they claim.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 17:05   #6 (permalink)

I've driven the SV6 at Sandown during the Holden drive day. I was impressed with the grunt and seamless nature of the paddle shift transmission.

However, when you are allowed the opportunity of a back-to-back comparo, that's where certain weaknesses of a vehicle are revealed.

Btw, I have seen the new 380... I don't mind its clean looks. It does look like a large car. I hope it does well for Mitsubishi.
Old 11-13-2005, 19:07   #7 (permalink)

Slightly O/T but relevant to new VZ buyers is the curious realisation by some very recent VZ owners of the de-speccing of their cars compared to earlier observations including time of order placing. Nothing major but things like deletion of Alloytec badges or carpet inserts and side body protection mouldings. I know in Fords case often the end of a model would have some features such as paint/trim details that were part of the next model but de-speccing seems odd.

The Motor right up did say the VZ SV6 had excellent front seats (as in better then the rest) ....
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons