My Doors not painted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 18:57   #1 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

My Doors not painted

Ok I was just wiping my car down when I noticed 3 out of my 4 doors have NO PAINT on the underside of them at all . This is not good enough, how can the doors be missed? Do I take it back to the dealer or do I contact Ford directly? I love the car (its a black BA XT) and to see something like this just makes me mad.
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2003, 19:03   #2 (permalink)

Its not just your car. its just the way they paint them from factory.
Alot of car makers fail to paint the undesides of the doors. I dont know who you should complain to though, maybe try both the dealer and contact ford aswell and see what they can do about it.
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 19:57   #3 (permalink)

Ok Thanx cogo_81, I wrote an email to ford explaining the situation (no swear words or harsh comments were made). I would like to have it done but I guess if Ford can't do it and the dealer won't then in the end might just have to take it to then panel beater to be sprayed!!
Old 02-08-2003, 20:00   #4 (permalink)

i seriously wouldnt bother touching it, whos going to see it anyways and if you get it painted id be worried about them overspraying the rest of the car and making a mess. If it was me i would just put up after my experience with Paint shops.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 23:54   #5 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

wouldnt ford have to do something about it. i wouldnt put up with it. if its something that was supposed to be done, then they have to do it. and when you mean the underside of your doors were not painted do u mean u can see bare metal or under coat when u open the doors?
OwnaXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 00:23   #6 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

undercoat is porous anyway so id be getting it done and being 3 out of 4 doors it sounds a bit dodgy

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 00:28   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I guess this would be a case like the owners of blue cars where the underside bonnet and engine bay are not painted teh same body colour but just painted black.

If it's part of the BA paint process then you can't get Ford to repair it under warrenty.

Sorry my appologies, just re-read your thread sounds like you may be able to make a claim as you say one of the doors are painted on the underside. As far as i remember on my AUII they are painted as well.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 15:41   #8 (permalink)

thanx guys, i am not going to put up with it, sorry but i did pay afair bit for the car and i want the car to be painted in all the places it should be. i will wait for ford to respond, will contact my dealer as well.
Old 02-09-2003, 17:49   #9 (permalink)

just had a look at some cars on the yard the first two i looked at
(acid rush,green) were both painted under the doors the third was a black one and it was not painted under the doors.
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 18:12   #10 (permalink)

hmmm jeebus whats with the black cars :( this is not good....is something wrong with their spray gun for black?? i thought they use the same guns for a day then swap them over the next for another color???
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons