Ford Forums banner

My EF Fairmont

3K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  galapogos01 
#1 ·
Guys and gals, here are some piccies of my car. Just added are some new rims, and a "Stage 3" head from G&D Performance (valves, springs, port, polish, shave). Ive also had the bars and the bonnet sprayed, amongst a few other things. What do you think? Be honest now!

Jase

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
speechless mate :)
Now get to a meet for once! i'm amazed at what 1" does in terms of wheels!

#3 ·
looks neat, i see it runs on gas how how do u find it in regards to millage, evr since i got headwork done and a cam ive relaised on a fulltank of gas im only gettin about 250km out of it

#4 ·
I havent had a chance to give it a good run after getting the new head on, but with lukey extractors instead of the mock ones, and with the wade 1004 in the stock head i was getting ~500-550KM highway when i took it to qld a couple of months ago.

just this weekend on the way up to shep i got 450KM from a tank, and that included some pretty damn spirited driving... ;)

Jase

#21 ·
Well guys, i have to say im astounded by all the comments! Thanks a lot, it makes all the hard work worthwhile :)

should go pretty good with the new head! have you got any specs on the head and how much it set you back?
the head was around $1500, from G&D Performance in Cranbourne. i dont have a flow sheet yet (G&D have it), and its to be dyno'd soon (the workshop got flooded!) but im VERY happy with the results.

as far as go fast bits go, ive also got a pod filter inside the airbox, 3" pipe where the narrow plastic fitting normally is, the EL intake elbow, wade 1004@112 cam, jmm race series extractors, lukey 2.5" exhaust and a shift kit. next up will be 3.7s or 3.9s if someone works out the shift point problem with the EECV.

tidy engine bay ( is that belt shroud painted? )
thanks SiX_iN_a_RoW, yes it is. im going to paint a few other bits and pieces when i get the chance, considering how well that came up for a 5 second job!

oh, one suggestion. Clear repeaters.
the guy who was selling them sent out a mass email, getting my hopes up, then never came though AGAIN. id love a set to fit the EF, but im not going to EL moulds just to get a clear indicator. plus, i like the EF ones better anyway.

Just a quick question, how much was it to respray the bumpers and did you have to blend them into the rest of the car.
the spraying cost me $650 from memory, maybe $850. i got the front bar, bonnet (ghia badge removed, hole welded), grill, side moulds, mirrors, rear scuttle panel, bootlid and rear bumper sprayed. they didnt blend the guard when they sprayed it.

thanks for all the comments about the wheels, i was very unsure about going to 18s. i love the shape of the ajrs though, so when i bent one i really didnt want to go to something else.

as for the meets - im VERY disappointed that i cant make GOR this sunday (family commitments) and that i missed the last heathcote meet (car commitments) and that i missed the dyno day (family commitments). i promise ill come to the next one as long as im free!!!

thanks again guys :)

Jase

#22 ·
Maybe u should organise one Jase ;)
then u are garenteed to come!

#24 ·
Yep I can vouch for Jase's car! That last pic was taken up at the SpringNats on the weekend....Jase was camping just a few meters away from us and provided us with some wicked tunes from his car stereo all weekend ;) Thanks for that :thup: I can't believe how clear it is!

That car is so neat it's not funny....well done.

#25 ·
galapogos01 said:
thanks SiX_iN_a_RoW, yes it is. im going to paint a few other bits and pieces when i get the chance, considering how well that came up for a 5 second job!
nice...what sort of paint did you use?
You should paint the airbox and intake snorkel the same!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.