My God, I've bought a car... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 13:13   #1 (permalink)

biggrin My God, I've bought a car...

It still hasn't hit me yet. Being in a family who has bought all ford since 1980 has made me something of a ford fanatic. We've had an XE, XF, EAII, EBII, EL and AUII. I've loved all these cars and planned on getting one of those series. Then I realised I had the chance to fulfill a dream. I searched high and low, finding rust buckets not able to pass rego and immaculate cars with fanatical owners. Finally on Saturday I found what I wanted.
It's not perfect- the body is an interesting green colour (mum rekons its olive, I disagree), there are a few issues with the interior and was a little more expensive than I'd hoped, but it goes like stink, doesn't blow any smoke and is as smooth as. Its also got cool custom number plates :)
Better say what it is huh- 1987 Jaguar Sovereign 3.6 Automatic Sedan. Now i just gotta afford to run it. You wouldn't believe how expensive insurance is and thats in my mums name too.
I'll get some better photos when I pick it up on sunday morning.
Cheers Guys.

BTW- I posted this here because this is where i spend most of my time and no1 reads "PAG Vehicles"...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sovereign 2.JPG (17.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Sovereign 3.JPG (11.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Sovereign 1a.JPG (12.2 KB, 123 views)
307Nm@3750rpm (Flywheel)
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2005, 19:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: My God, I've bought a car...

Have fun fixing it when it breaks down every week :)
Falcon-DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 19:40   #3 (permalink)

Yeah i know. I like a challenge tho. One good thing about these cars is that nothing is burried under the inlet manifold...like the EF/EL falcons.
These ones are considerably more reliable than the older shape (1968-1987). Most owner reviews have said they're not 2 bad with reliability.
307Nm@3750rpm (Flywheel)
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:21   #4 (permalink)
EF Series Fan

Man, you just bought what I believe to be one of the best looking Jag's ever, I love that shape. Hope she's nothing but good to you.
Till_Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 17:19   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: My God, I've bought a car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmelon
It still hasn't hit me yet. Being in a family who has bought all ford since 1980 has made me something of a ford fanatic. We've had an XE, XF, EAII, EBII, EL and AUII. I've loved all these cars and planned on getting one of those series. Then I realised I had the chance to fulfill a dream. I searched high and low, finding rust buckets not able to pass rego and immaculate cars with fanatical owners. Finally on Saturday I found what I wanted.
It's not perfect- the body is an interesting green colour (mum rekons its olive, I disagree), there are a few issues with the interior and was a little more expensive than I'd hoped, but it goes like stink, doesn't blow any smoke and is as smooth as. Its also got cool custom number plates :)
Better say what it is huh- 1987 Jaguar Sovereign 3.6 Automatic Sedan. Now i just gotta afford to run it. You wouldn't believe how expensive insurance is and thats in my mums name too.
I'll get some better photos when I pick it up on sunday morning.
Cheers Guys.

BTW- I posted this here because this is where i spend most of my time and no1 reads "PAG Vehicles"...
Well done , great for travelling and the only thing you wont pass is a servo :_)
I run a concours 1968 420G as well as some other older stuff and an EL.wagon ( modified)
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:27   #6 (permalink)

Put a V8 in it and you might get reasonable economy. I hear that model is dirt cheap now or has been for a few years. If you think it goes well with the 3.6 then your old ride must have been a slug.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:11   #7 (permalink)

Holden V8's fit in , no problems. Must wash my mouth out with soap.!!
JAG's are nice, join a Jag Club, to get parts cheaper than dealer. AND find someone who knows how to fix it !!! Not your usual repair job. Enjoy your new "FORD"
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons