My luck had to run out sooner or later - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 20:16   #1 (permalink)

My luck had to run out sooner or later

Driving down St.Kilda last nyt and got a canary on my car! Apperently its to low! Ive never been pulled over before in Melbourne. Are all the cops in the city so arrogant and rude?? I wasnt being a smartass or anything! I was trying to be nice cos i didnt want to get a canary! Got a $173 fine for driving an unroadworthy car! Does anyone know how long ive got to fix it? I thought it was 28 days but he told me ive only got 7 days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 21:46   #2 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Re: My luck had to run out sooner or later

It will tell you on the canary. It should have a date of issue and an and date i think from memory.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 21:56   #3 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

dosnt matter what you were doing, if your car was too low and considered unroadworthy thats all the boys in blue need,

XR8 MUMBO HERE
EF_Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:01   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Venom
dosnt matter what you were doing, if your car was too low and considered unroadworthy thats all the boys in blue need,
Yeah fair enough if my car is unroadworthy but he was really rude to me and didnt want to answer any of my questions. He was trying to bait me and get me to be a smartass just so i would get myself into more shit!
Old 07-02-2005, 03:21   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6
Yeah fair enough if my car is unroadworthy but he was really rude to me and didnt want to answer any of my questions. He was trying to bait me and get me to be a smartass just so i would get myself into more shit!
sounds like a pr#*k he has the right to do his job and if you are copping it sweet he only needs to do his job and be helpful and let you know what to do. but who knows what he had to deal with before he got to you its a high pressure job. but still i know the type he is the reason all cops are tarred with the same brush when there are good one out there.
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:57   #6 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

some cops are more leanient towards people ie senior sargeants, are pretty good for warnings they just are more wise and know enough to read sum1's character.. traffic cops wont give a care to who you are or what your reasons are, theyas mentioned have dealt and will deal with so much shit they just find it easier to keep everyone on the same level. So he'd act the same to you as he would an arrogant prick who was just hassling the cop about getting the canary. Its the 50/50 split on modifying a car.

XR8 MUMBO HERE
EF_Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 15:54   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6
Driving down St.Kilda last nyt and got a canary on my car! Apperently its to low! Ive never been pulled over before in Melbourne. Are all the cops in the city so arrogant and rude?? I wasnt being a smartass or anything! I was trying to be nice cos i didnt want to get a canary! Got a $173 fine for driving an unroadworthy car! Does anyone know how long ive got to fix it? I thought it was 28 days but he told me ive only got 7 days!
If you are unhappy about treatment then if you have a witness make a complaint in writing , you could make one anyway but it carries much more weight with witnesses . good luck .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 17:59   #8 (permalink)

It has to have at least 100mm of ground clearance measured form the lowest hanging part of the car. Let me tell you about my one and only experience with Victoria Police. They pulled me over doing 75 in the main street of Camperdown. (Hic town!). They came out of a service station or somewhere and pulled me over IN THE 80 ZONE that I was gradually speeding up for. This highway patrol was so POV that they had to use a Commodore ute converted into a paddy wagon as their highway patrol car. And no manner of kindness could convince those cash strapped communist Kennet lickers to give me a fair go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons