My new EF doesnt always start frst go (dirty injectors???) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2003, 00:00   #1 (permalink)

My new EF doesnt always start frst go (dirty injectors???)

g'day, in my last topic i discussed the EF i just baught, anyway there is a few minor things i am attending to, and have notced that sometimes, not always, it wnt start first go. in the morning its fine, but sometimes during the day when left for a while etc. u turn it over for 2 seconds or something and nothign, stop then again, and bang! first go.

ive tried looken around this forum and can only come up with injectors, can some1 please verify this for me, incase its a more serious problem.

where can i get recoed/new ones from, and roughly how much are they?

regards, nick
yellowblazeXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2003, 01:59   #2 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

Re: My new EF doesnt always start frst go (dirty injectors???)

Have you checked the Spark Plugs and Leads?? Sounds like it may be electrical. My mate had the same problems with his EL when it got hot it was a mongrel to get going again. Changed the plugs and a new set of leads and it was fine. Good Luck with it !
Old 12-16-2003, 02:13   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Is it petrol or on gas?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 15:06   #4 (permalink)

sorry, shes on petrol

in thje morning for example it fires up right away, there is no real pattern, just "sometimes" it wont duren the day, say if i leave it for 20 mins, then try n start it.

how can i check the plugs leads, and know if they r buggered or not?>
Old 12-16-2003, 15:18   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

My EA started doing that, the alternator belt was not tight enough so the battery wasnt charging properly, so it was a slugish to start, I know you have a serpentine belt so loose belt is unlikely, but alternator not charging the battery can be checked with a multimeter should be 14.5 with no accesorrys on and the car running, and first thing in the morning before starting about 12.5 any figures too different to these can indicate a problem.

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 20:12   #6 (permalink)

Sounds like a classic case of dribbling injectors. I had the same problem on my car which is not a Ford but as it's fuel injected still the same issue regardless of make or model. My car would always start first pop in the morning but when warm would take a couple of seconds cranking to start. Then when it started there was a nice cloud of smoke. I replaced the injectors with AZNEW injectors (available from repco) and the problem was resolved. AZNEW are reconditioned injectors and cost about the same as an injector service.
mongoose3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:28   #7 (permalink)

oh ok, thanks mate. i cant say ive noticed any smoke though, ill lok out for it tomorrow.

if the a/c is on, will this make it harder to start aswell?
Old 12-17-2003, 23:17   #8 (permalink)

went to the mechanic today, he plugged in this ford gizmo to the computer, to do a test to find any problems, only thing that came up was power steering switch fault, or something, but he suspects if there is no smoke expelling out of the exhaust that it could be a fuel preasure problem. would cost $50 for him to take it apart to do a preasure test on it to know for sure. but its so weird, i was parked for an hour and a half earlier on while at the cinema, and when i came out to leave, it started first go, i did however leave the key on accessories for a few moments before i turned it over, which is what another mechanic suggested to do, but in previous attempts this did not work either! so its wquite evident there is no pattern, which makes it hard to pin point, i think.

what do you think???
Old 12-19-2003, 04:46   #9 (permalink)

Sounds like the beginning of the end of your fuel pump. Mine went this afternoon, had the same symptoms as you described. Just be careful not to fill her up full at the servo and have the fuel pump go on you. Now the mechanic has to drain the petrol to get to the pump...ouch! Wasted optimax there. May reuse it for the lawn-mower. Goodluck.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:09   #10 (permalink)

damn, well the mechanic i saw the other day said it was either fuel preasure or fuel pump. rekons its about $350 for another pump, what were you charged and from where?

how long did you have similar symptoms for, and when they finally pack up, where does that leave you??? u just cant get it started at all????

thanks, nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons