My problem (long post) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2003, 05:02   #1 (permalink)

mad My problem (long post)

ok, this is my first post on the site, excellent site just came across it a couple of weeks back,

To the point, i recently bought a new set of pacemaker extractors and a 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust, and i needed someone to install them, so i call around and find a place who can do it ASAP. Find someone to do it straight away, very good i think...

Take it in, no worries says the bloke 'come back bout 2 1/2 hours', come back to be told my cat is 'stuffed'. Think ok don't know to much about it so i'll go with that, he gives it a shake to show the inside is busted. Tells me it'll take after 1 1/2 hours to install the cat cause he needed to make some new bits so it will fit blah blah...

Come back this to be told the exhaust manifold is missing three bolts. Think ok then just put some new ones in then, guy then tells they dont have them there. So i ask is it ok to drive home, he says yeah no probs, gives everything a final look over to check to leaks etc...

Start it up to take off the thing sounds like an absolute tractor, no joke driving home with a constant BURHHH!!(not cool, everyone stares) think ok need to the bolts in the fix the noise head down to ford the next day order the bolts and try to put them in. Get frustarted and get my mechanical mate to come around to fix it up. He then proceeds to tell me that i should not have driven it home without the bolts because it will screw the manifold, which it has. He also tells me the bolts all should have been there as the tractor noise would still have been present with the standard equipment. So they lost the bolts not me...

So tommorrow i head back to get a new manifold and some sort of explaniation as to why i was told it ok to drive when it wasn't, and abuse the hell out of them while i'm there

The place is called ACE Exhaust in Narre Warren, anyone else been there??

Any Thoughts...
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2003, 05:57   #2 (permalink)
now with EF power!

Re: My problem (long post)

I recently had dealings with an ACE Exhaust place up here in Rockhampton. All ill say is that they gave me superb workmanship, the people were very friendly (they let me walk around their workshop no worries). The guy didnt sell me what would cost the most, but he went through all the options with me at the time and let me decide (which was nice). It only took them 2.5 hours which was good, and they basically did it straight away. The guy originally said (bring it back tomorow cause were really busy but ill make time to fit it in for you...so i take it in in the morning...straight up on the hoist! I was wrapped).

I was really happy with them and would reccomend them to everyone.

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
danege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:41   #3 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

I usually base my experience with ppl by the way they initially treat you. Their services come next. Really they should fix the problem with no hassles or questions. Its common curtisy and good for their future business coz they rely on you from word of mouth.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 16:24   #4 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Sounds a bit like a Radiant Exhaust setup...
Old 10-14-2003, 16:31   #5 (permalink)

LOL typical francise service someplaces are good someplaces are dodge.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 16:59   #6 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

I dealt with ACE exhausts in Croydon, their service was nice, they did an ok job I guess.. I got a new exhaust (one huuuge muffler), left the original cat etc. They also flushed the cooling system, made no difference too cooling (I later found out that I just needed to take the radiator out and clean out the loads of crap between its fins, as well as the leaves between it and the aircon radiator. It could be clean as a whistle inside, but without airflow it wont do shit )

The only real complaint I have is that the guy left the radiator cap OFF the plastic refill tank, but by some miracle it was sitting there under the bonnet the next day when I realized the bonnet hadn't been properly shut by them either.. always look under the bonnet straight after any service just in case...

I can't believe he said it was ok to drive without some manifold bolts on.. it seems obvious to me, at least, that the manifold is going to warp if not held securely in place (~500degrees C temperatures will do that ).. I asume thats why it is now stuffed.. I doubt he is gonna stick his neck out and replace the manifold free of charge, but perhaps you could get it from him trade-price at least..
Old 10-16-2003, 02:21   #7 (permalink)

Everything's all fixed now, he agreed to pay for the manifold and for someone else to fit it aswell, so to me that sorta seems like they made the mistake of letting me drive off with it, so at the end of it all everythings fixed and it sounds sh@t hot
tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:08   #8 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Lucky there mate.

I got the wrong headers put on(cheapo's not what i paid for), took em 6months to order the right ones. Havent been back yet but :)
2nd EF GLi, 'custom' interior, extractors, exhuast
3rd EA Fairmont 5spd, low'd, extractors, exhuast, head
work, 3.45LSD, EL dash, interior+ El ECU
4th EB2 Fairmont, EL dash and interior, BBM, LSD etc etc
5th EB Fairmont Ghia 5L. All leather, lowered, exhaust etc
EFJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons