Ford Forums banner

Near miss

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  juarez 
#1 ·
Driving down this nice narrow road in the wet about 2 days ago (I'm still paranoid about the wet, esp. with LSD, so I do drive carefully), I was comming up to a tight corner at the bottom of a hill, and the guy infront of me hit the brakes a bit, and ended up simply sliding right along, off the side of the road and onto the gravel there, where he came to a stop. I kinda figured that my car with it's average (g-grid.. they suck) tyres would do the same.. touch the brake, and it's just sliding along... I managed to steer down this dirt-road which is just on the outside of the corner of the road there, and come to a stop, then the other guy got his car around and continued, then I did..

The weirdest part was, it was all very smooth, and I didn't panic at all.. I simply lost control a bit, and put it in the safest place I could... It was almost fun :)

Anyway, if you live in the Mt. Dande area, and you use perins-creek road, the corner just before you turn onto the monbulk-belgrave road (or burwood hwy, not sure what it is), gets huge amounts of oil build-up, and when it rains, it's slippy-slide time :)

#4 ·
I am actually more weary with a single wheeler.. I find the lsd's more predictable... especially if your drifting with 140km/h on the speedo... not that I do that...

thanks
Craig

#5 ·
hmm, single spinner seems to be ok with me, my cars not powerful enough to light up 2 wheels ever :p
lucky nothing happened james :D

#7 ·
just be careful dan.... I've heard of people saying 'man my diff is doing two wheels!' then their diff blows up.... the spider gears go all sloppy and bind, making it lock up...

craig

#8 ·
I went there on new years eve near the safeway on the road u were talking about. But ****ing thing was closed. Another hill that is a bitch the ferntree gully road wheelers hill part of it, that is shocking the amount of people that speed down that road. Too many people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.