Re: Need help with ADR's and Mad Max style out of bonnet Blower
This comes from a Vicroads information sheet, but will give you an idea of the requirements (last updated June 2002).
14. BONNET SCOOPS AND PROTRUSIONS
A bonnet scoop or cover may be fitted to a vehicle provided:
• It is of a type offered by the manufacturer of the vehicle as an option for that model or series; or
• It is constructed so that all edges and protrusions are suitably radiused and there are no single openings larger than 4000mm2 (equivalent to a 65mm circle) towards the front of the vehicle; and
• It permits the driver to have a clear uninterrupted view, through the full width of the windscreen of all parts of the road surface 11 metres forward of the steering wheel viewed from any driving position permitted by the range of adjustment of the driver's seat; and
• When a 165mm diameter disc is placed on the bonnet in front of the scoop or bonnet projection and rolled rearwards until it touches the scoop, no point of contact between the disc and the scoop or bonnet projection shall lie above a horizontal plane passing through the centre of the disc; and
• No metal, engine mounted component, likely to increase injuries to any person may project through and above the bonnet profile without being protected with a cover mounted on the bonnet and complying with the above requirements.
Last edited by outback_ute; 09-18-03 at 08:17 PM.