need some opinions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2004, 03:06   #1 (permalink)

need some opinions

let me just start off by saying that fords a f**ken tuff cars. I used to own a xa gs coupe with a 351c/fmx/nine inch which took every bit of punishment i could dish out.
My question is about a harmonic balancer on an ea six. It sits forward about half an inch to an inch which is causing the belt to wear out really quickly(needs replacing once a month). does anyone know why it sits forward and how to fix it?
And does anyone know a good mechanic in the dandenong or surrounding areas who will do an engine swap 4 a good price?
Any in formation would be greatly appreaciated.
wildss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2004, 03:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: need some opinions

:fly: just change the balancer it aint that hard the rubber in the balancer will be letting go and the pully sliding off :fly:
1bad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:56   #3 (permalink)

We had a car in at work a few mths ago doing something the same it turned out to be the end flot on the crank allowing the harmonic balancer to move forward and wear the belt till it jumps off or breaks
Old 12-27-2004, 19:03   #4 (permalink)

the balancer has either disbonded -this happens heaps or as trick xd says the crank has mega end float.when i was a tech at ford 78-93 we saw a metric shitload of ea's which were dying from endfloat.i heard a story that th first run of cranks were ground incorrctly in the radius on the main journals.i also heard(not sure if this is true)that the first run of cranks were also ground counter rotation leaving a poor surface finish compared to later cranks.
ebv888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons