New BA XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2003, 20:49   #1 (permalink)

New BA XR6

I took delivery of my Blueprint XR6 on October 3rd 2003. I ordered premium sound, automatic, blue/black Momo steering wheel and gear shift selector, colour coordinated blueprint cloth interior plus other cosmetic options.

The vehicle was delivered to the local Ford dealership with 1 door trim grey in colour (not blue), no Momo steering wheel, AND no premium sound.

As at today's date I still do not have premium sound, although the other problems have been rectified.

Much too-ing and fro-ing with the dealer has revealed that supposedly 50 vehicles were built that should have had the premium sound package supplied, but only had the standard sound system.

Apparently, my case brought the problem to the attention of the Ford factory, although this could just be hearsay.

Ford is supposedly preparing premium sound kits to send out to all customers to rectify the situation. The local Ford dealer will require my XR6 for 2 days to install the system. I'll be checking very carefully for any damage as a result of this install.

Has anybody heard anything about this stuff up by Ford? I would be interested to hear.
sblacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2003, 21:07   #2 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Re: New BA XR6

There seems to be a growing number of people ordering BA's with options, and having their options either missed entirely or fitted with an alternate unwanted option!

That's quite surprising about the door trim, that it could leave the factory with one door different to the others.. doesn't do any favours for the QA dept. at Broady..
Old 10-26-2003, 21:07   #3 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Bugger
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Have you got the right engine?
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 22:41   #5 (permalink)
walking power

Another member on the forum ordered his XR8 ute with prestige sound and he didnt receive it either.
Old 10-26-2003, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Well with Ford trying their hardest to outsell the oposition and the BA doing so well in the sale's race,I can see how such mistake's could happen,I'm not saying that this is ok,far from it but as long as your problem's are rectifyed and ASAP as well.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 01:50   #7 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

2 days to install premium audio? geez man, thats wrong.

JB hifi people do huge installs in only a few hours...
Old 10-27-2003, 02:20   #8 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
2 days to install premium audio? geez man, thats wrong.

JB hifi people do huge installs in only a few hours...
it is intergrated into the wiring loom of the car on the BA sound system, huge job, dash out.
lucky it is getting done the person who missed out on his prestige sound was given his money back and told only the factory can do this job....

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 17:45   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Another member on the forum ordered his XR8 ute with prestige sound and he didnt receive it either.
You will find the utes can only be optioned to premium not prestige sound. With 2 less doors and no room for the sub woofer they cannot physically fit it.

I ordered my XR6T sedan with the Prestige option $900 (Colour LCD display, 6 Disc CD, 150 Watt Amp, Sub Woofer, 12 speakers etc). But on the Ford literature they call it Premium and Prestige is one step below without the amp and sub woofer etc.

So I think there is some confusion out there, with the dealers as well as to what is premium and what is prestige.
XR6T Sedan, SSS Auto, Blueprint, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Sports Steering Wheel, CAI, BMC Filter, Centre Muffler Replaced with 2 x Straight Through 2.5" Pipes & Hot Dogs - OMG, WOW!!! Bring on the Edit, Injectors, Valve Springs, Bigger IC.......
TE Cortina 2.3Lt 200Hp Showcar (4 Sale - any interest?),
XR6T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 15:26   #10 (permalink)

Nice car all the same, It does really make me wonder about the QA at the factory, do they actually employ someone?, surely there should be a tick sheet with the build order. A suggestion would be a very good bonus and penalty system for that team, no complaints good bonus, any valid misses go as a penalty, it should go for the whole production team.
As someone who has had the complete dash out before, make sure they align it correctly and don't leave the foam near the windscreen sticking up, check the dash above your passenger airbag, 1/2 of the BA's I have seen have an imperfection on the top right hand side, I had my dash replaced along with the heater core and they replaced it with a new dashpad with the same type of imperfection DOH!!!
baxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons