New to Brisbane, need a mechanic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 05:06   #1 (permalink)
Dodgy EA

New to Brisbane, need a mechanic

Hi guys. I have just moved to Brisbane in the past couple of weeks (WOOHOO). And anyways, now I am in actual Ford Forums territory I hope a local can recommend a decent mechanic for me.

While im at it, maybe someone can enlighten me to why I need a mechanic.

My CFI 3 speed EA is really struggling under load all of a sudden. It also misfires and generally carries on sometimes when im stopped at the lights.
The problem generally occurs at low rev's and the car miss's and sounds rather sick, but once the revs rise it isnt so bad.

The car is also ticking quite badly ... tappets or lifters or whatever it is that causes this (im not overly mechanically knowledgeable) Could this be related?

It idles fine and rev's fine when in park, but under load it really struggles ... and I have no idea whats wrong.

Any ideas and advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers lad's

Mick
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 07:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: New to Brisbane, need a mechanic

I have used Metro Ford Brisbane. Quite happy with the service.
casrms1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 23:39   #3 (permalink)

i have your problems but backwards..

cars revving its gutts off idling and preignitions when you turn it off

cfi 3 speed i also have(join the club )mines goes alot better now with the new cable etc but until i find out why i have problems with idle n preignition then its off the road..

best bet take it to a electrician put it on the machine and let em see what comes up..
mine goes in thursday

what side of town are you on?
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 23:59   #4 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Welcome to Brissy dude, where abouts are ya situated? Need a better idea of the area your in so we dont suggest someone on the othe side of town.

Regarding your problems I'd check all ya basics first with the misfire, the condition of the leads, spark plugs, dizzy cap etc. if you havent done so already.
With the Lifter noise, for starters check ya oil level and condition and just out of interest what sort of oil is in it at the moment?

Best of Luck
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:51   #5 (permalink)
EB wagon

If your on the southside, there is a good mechanic at beenleigh. Graham @ Tiplers auto's. Very cheap and does a decent job. I dunno how he is with diag tho. But if u got a specific job, he is the man. I dunno what metro ford is like but i would not take a car back to Q ford at springwood. They r crap and dont know what they r doing.
They didnt even identify that my car was an 91 EB and wrote down 89 EA. God, how insulting.

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 13:55   #6 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casrms1450
I have used Metro Ford Brisbane. Quite happy with the service.
Amen to that. They would be my recommendation for sure.

Welcome to BNE, where did you move from?
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:05   #7 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

i could have a look at it if you like, but it would have to wait until the saturday after next, i have a laser to fix this saturday and am busy sunday, and i work through the week.

i have done work on a lot of peoples cars from the forums with no dramas.

oh yeah, im a qualified tech too...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 22:37   #8 (permalink)
Dodgy EA

Rollin, that would be absolutely awesome mate, cant thank ya enough for the offer. But im gonna have to book it in somewhere to get the misfire sorted tomorrow as im planning to trek back to Bundy this weekend to pick up some more stuff and for an 800km round trip I want the car running properly. But if you could have a look at it sometime RE: the tappets it would be great and much appreciated.

Cheers for the great welcome guys. Im living on the Northside. In Wilston. Moved down from Bundaberg. Hopefully once I get the car sorted I can come on some of your Cruises and stuff and get more involved with the club.

Once again cheers for the great welcome lads, your great guys and great ambassidors for the club.

Cheers

Mick
Old 03-05-2004, 03:33   #9 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

hey dude welcome to the club, in brissy we have quite a few members, and there is always the regulars who come on on the friday and sat nights have a bit of fun:) brissy would be a large place opposed to bundy i would imagine? hope all goes well with the car, and i can also vouch for Rollins work as me and him are good mates and he has helped me with my car many a time:)

cheers look forward to meeting u sometime

UNR8D

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:36   #10 (permalink)

i can vouch for Rollin, cuz my car is still goin, and most importantly Rollins is goin too!!!, so he knows wot he is doing.

I know of a mechanic that is next to southside ford, well he is rite behind them. he is quite good!

Thats if the MAN (Rollin) cant fix it, or it needs to be fixed during the week!!

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons