Ford Forums banner

New car: AUIII Forte - issues

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  WASHERE 
#1 ·
There are a few small niggles with my new '02 Falcon Forte AUIII. First problem, the cruise control does not seem to handle high speeds very well, especially going along a freeway that ascends by about 7%. The cruise will move backward and forward between 98 and 105km. When I return back to 60k speeds, it does not seem to be as stable at holding the kms as beforehand, before I went on the freeway. Is it a fault with the cruise?

The small screeching noise with the AU when driving slowly - i've heard it on alot of AU taxis and I also have it on mine - what is it, is it a problem, and is it worth fixing.

When I was doing a u-turn, once completed I sped up and responded fine for a second but then just wouldnt respond to accellerator for half a second then went fine - not the type of no response you get when you take off fast.

Adding on to that, my engine seems to stall a bit sometimes on startup, cranks longer than it should.

It came with 6 months remaining factory warranty, I take it I need to get a service before they can look at these issues and fix them? What could be causing these problems, and whats involved in getting them fixed?

Cheers.

See less See more
#5 ·
My guess would be your accelerator cable. If the cruse control is operating off the wire, possibilities are that it might be lose on it’s connection and high speeds could exploited that. As for the response issues the cable could be the blame again. The squeaking, could it possibly be your pads cleaning you discs. If not, Au’s and Ba’s a like have a factory defect where the discs go out of round that could be your problem.
My advice get it checked out while you still have warranty.
Good luck

#6 ·
Shall do.

I've been able to find exactly when the accelleration cuts out (this is unrelated to the cruise control issue). If I am turning a corner or a roundabout and I accellerate fast whilst im still not straight, thats when it tends to cut out for a second and prevents me from drifting :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.