Ford Forums banner

New Carpets

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  freshinXR 
#1 ·
hi guys, just fitting new carpet to my XR falcon. Purchased it from Tru-Fit in Dandenong. Like everything i buy for my falcon new, it never seems to fit quite right. The back seems to big at the edges. Has anyone ever fit one of these carpets and what are the tricks. Do i have to cut into it or what.

thanks

#2 ·
i fitted a 'moulded' carpet to my XF pano. pretty good fit but i had to do a bit of chopping around the edges near the doors and a bit around the foot pedals and near the aircon vents in the middle. in the end im happy with the results. what did yours cost?
i got mine for $90 from autobarn and some nice new underlay for $20. get some good glue as well as you dont want it to move around once its in place.

#3 ·
freshinXR said:
hi guys, just fitting new carpet to my XR falcon. Purchased it from Tru-Fit in Dandenong. Like everything i buy for my falcon new, it never seems to fit quite right. The back seems to big at the edges. Has anyone ever fit one of these carpets and what are the tricks. Do i have to cut into it or what.

thanks
yeah you will have to cut it
i just put installed new carpet from tru-fit in dandy as well and had too trim around the edges so i could bolt on the scuff plates or whatever there called.
cheers
cam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.