New Fairlane / G220 / LTD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2003, 09:16   #1 (permalink)
svoghia

New Fairlane / G220 / LTD

Well after looking at the new details on the LWB cars. even with Holden doing what they have done to the statesman/caprice, Looks like ford could be a winner here. They have gone back to the similar style of the NL/DL LWB cars. they look smick as.

Will have to go into town and have a good look at them.

What do others think about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2003, 00:28   #2 (permalink)
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA

Hell they look good but its breaks with tradition a bit. Fairlane has always had 4 tailights and I wish they had a different dash to the Ghia. Other than that they will be mean!
Old 07-02-2003, 00:56   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Re: New Fairlane / G220 / LTD

The new fairlane look's prety classy much better than it's competitor,I cant wait to see one in the flesh,for me I think the G220 in one of the new silver's or white would be the go,mmmmn.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 01:15   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
The new fairlane look's prety classy much better than it's competitor,I cant wait to see one in the flesh,for me I think the G220 in one of the new silver's or white would be the go,mmmmn.
And with a larger boot opening it can take a euro pram...only prob is where would the dog go...oh yeah I still have that trailer at work

1st thought....mmm Fairlaine G220 and trailer

2nd thought....oh no...have to teach wife how to reverse a trailer...OMG!!! I've got more chance of John Howard saying sorry.. For anything...
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 00:15   #5 (permalink)

Maybe I haven't grown up yet (38) but you guys must be friggin crazy. How could you even consider something that is so underpowered by today's standards. Bring on the new GRANGE.
ArthurDitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 01:05   #6 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurDitch
Maybe I haven't grown up yet (38) but you guys must be friggin crazy. How could you even consider something that is so underpowered by today's standards. Bring on the new GRANGE.
The Grange is a HSV vehicle, the G220 is more on par with a V8 Stato/Caprice
Old 07-05-2003, 01:14   #7 (permalink)
RACE

Well if 220kw is underpowered, what's 245kw? Just alittle underpowered??

My only concern is the big gap in price from 6cyl Fairlane to V8 Fairlane ie G220. There should be a 5.4l Fairlane in between without the sports suspension, all the interior add ons the G220 has over regular Fairlane.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:19   #8 (permalink)

Yeah well - like I said - I obviously haven't grown up yet. Here's hoping I never do If I want benchmark power along with all the creature comforts. I understand the GRANGE is an HSV vehicle, my point is more and more people out there want this type of transport instead of having to buy something more suited to the racetrack if they want performance. I for one would order a 290 or maybe even a 260 Sports Fairlane tomorrow if only they would make it. For now though my 2 year old Grange excite's me every time I drive it.
Ditch
ArthurDitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 05:23   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I went to the boat show today and seen and sat in the new G220,it's very upmarket and I beleive they have directed this vechile in the right direction,I feel very positive about the sale of this car now after seeing it in the flesh, well done Ford.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 05:34   #10 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurDitch
Yeah well - like I said - I obviously haven't grown up yet. Here's hoping I never do If I want benchmark power along with all the creature comforts. I understand the GRANGE is an HSV vehicle, my point is more and more people out there want this type of transport instead of having to buy something more suited to the racetrack if they want performance. I for one would order a 290 or maybe even a 260 Sports Fairlane tomorrow if only they would make it. For now though my 2 year old Grange excite's me every time I drive it.
Ditch
The Grange is a very nice car. The problem with making a Fairlane with either the Boss 260 or 290 in it is fitting it under the bonnet. Either the engine would have to sit lower or a bonnet with a bulge would have to be used.

Fairlane with Boss 260/290, bonnet bulge and nice bodykit would definately look the goods but I don't think it would make economical sense.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons