New XR Front Bumper : Fix Options - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 05:41   #1 (permalink)

eek New XR Front Bumper : Fix Options

After a low speed fight with a weighbridge my ute now is looking a bit worse for wear, Cracked, scuffed and 1 smashed foggie.
Now my questions
1) Does any one have any idea of the price of a new one? (XR Front Bumper)
2) If there is not much of a price difference, a GT front is it, bit of a wank?
Sacrellige?
I have painted the scratches with paint so apart from the missing fog light its hard to see the scratches and gouges unless your reasonably close. I know i'm up for a least a grand for the repair so i'm going to have to wait a couple of months to save that. I dont want to ruin my good insurance rating. ( Hard to come by when you have a "performance car" at a young age) So i'm not going to claim it on insurance.

Any Ideas or sugestions appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 05:09   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: New XR Front Bumper : Fix Options

well.... you would be able to get a new front bar, with foggies in the colour of your car for less than $1000.

i got mine with foggies, grill and xr headlights for $1100. (but i then had to paint it as my colour was no longer an xr colour)

oh, and that was all new.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 20:43   #3 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/ca...php?cat_id=284
Old 06-24-2005, 04:59   #4 (permalink)

Thanks fellas!.
I was hoping there were a few aftermarket bodykits out there. That awc GT one looks real smick but id prefer to not get fibreglass, but thats not to say i wont!

my mate has a T-series bodykit on his AU and his was really badly scuffed and flaked up. The flaking is why i am hesitating as it gets worse and worse., plastic takes more punishment. But thanks for the directions i'll certainly look into it
Old 06-24-2005, 06:52   #5 (permalink)

this months street machine has a story on how to fix . don't be a girl and give it a go anybody can do anything and if it doesn't turn out then try again if you still don't get it right you have lost nothing.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:04   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

yeah, bugger fibreglass, with a lowered car the front spoiler would be busted in no time. lol
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:59   #7 (permalink)

This one will need bog to fix the scuffs and holes, and I could try to plastic weld the cracks but i dont think it will look that good. Its is 9 parts stuffed.

I tried to attatch some pics but it was taking ages.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons