Newb questions BA XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 23:48   #1 (permalink)

Newb questions BA XR6

Hello,

I have tried searching but i either get to many results, irelivant results or no results :(

Vibration - i found allot on wheel balance and drive train shunt but my car seems to be pritty rough at idle i have just done 1,000km in it and the vibration on the gearstick (manual) is quite significant. Does the idle setup get changed with a ECU flash at 1,500 service? is this normal?

Headlight auto on with unlock - can the headlight be auto switched on with door unlock like the comodores do? The car has light sensors for day/night already and auto on timers .. seems od, i cant find reference in the user manual.

Auto wind up - i have power windows but the drivers door only has auto down, is there a way of making it auto both ways? Also can these be wound up auto with door lock just like the sun roof can be closed?
swatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 21:07   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: Newb questions BA XR6

g'day mate, i think that auto up isn't done so that ppl don't get bodyparts jammed in the window. other than that i can't really help you.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:38   #3 (permalink)
BA futura pilot

geday all
from wat i can remember a lot of people with the more recent falcons (ef-el onwards)have had idle issues, but mainly on cars with a lot of KMs.
If your service at ford dealer doesnt fix it it'd be a safe bet that the capa flash tuner could
jarridtheruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:43   #4 (permalink)

turns out its a 3000km service not 1500, guess i will have to wait another week or so only upto 1600km now. I should have mentioned its a fleet provided vehicle as part of my job so anything kinda has to go through ford (and i dont pay for it), i will do a search for a cappa flash thing anyway thanks.
90 KF Ghai - Tint,'S' rims, (GF 'new' Car)
05 BA MKII Falcon - Xr6 NA, 5spd man, mandarin ...
Old 07-19-2005, 01:46   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson
Hello,

Auto wind up - i have power windows but the drivers door only has auto down, is there a way of making it auto both ways? Also can these be wound up auto with door lock just like the sun roof can be closed?
It was posted in the Territory Forum that Ford chose not to have an "auto up" function for window switches for safety reasons with children climbing over/pressing the buttons the most likely concern. I'd actually prefer the auto down was made a seperate detent on the button so that you had full manual control unless you fully locked down the button.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:52   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls
It was posted in the Territory Forum that Ford chose not to have an "auto up" function for window switches for safety reasons with children climbing over/pressing the buttons the most likely concern. I'd actually prefer the auto down was made a seperate detent on the button so that you had full manual control unless you fully locked down the button.
Plenty of cars have auto up ... :( and i agree having to tap "up" to stop the window midway is a pain, i drove a early 90s silvia for a while and it had auto and standard down and up .. it was a bloody silvia a cheap jap POS
90 KF Ghai - Tint,'S' rims, (GF 'new' Car)
05 BA MKII Falcon - Xr6 NA, 5spd man, mandarin ...
Old 07-26-2005, 04:53   #7 (permalink)

regards to the vibration at idle in the BA.

I work on BA's all day at a ford dealership and we have had bugger all problems with vibration at idle unless an injector is blocked or a vacuum leak has occured to make the vehicle run rough. Just a hot tip, we dont reflash PCM's every service even though we should, we only do it on customer request as its massively time consuming and when they give u 1/2 hr for a 3000k serv and 0.8hr for a normal service, its just not enough time. ask the dealership to bring up a cylinder balance test on the PDS or WDS and this will show if its down on any cylinders.

Cheers.
FPV_technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons