nl concorde - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2004, 18:52   #1 (permalink)
grippin'n'rippin

nl concorde

I can get my hands on a 97 fairlane concorde with leather interior, woodgrain steering wheel and all the other fairlane gizmos, 6cyl for $10650. The catch is it's done 205000km. The engine runs smooth and pulls hard, doesn't smoke, no lifter tapping. The only thing I can complain about is the trans. It has a rather harsh kickdown, but other than that its VERY smooth. If I was to get it I would buy a waranty for it.
Do you think it's a good buy? Should I go for it or keep looking?
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004, 19:08   #2 (permalink)
Just hear the Exhaust!

Re: nl concorde

Fairly reasonable I suppose. You could ask the question to the transport department, or "RACQ/RACV/what ever state you are in", to give you a recommended $$ value for that model. Still look around though, you never know. I've missed on the ultimate sale too many times with older cars I've owned.
Old 04-17-2004, 19:42   #3 (permalink)
known as tibbo

i have a 98 Concorde with all the good interior stuff (but not premium sound) 140 ooo kays and a broker offer me 13.5k without sighting the car... Mines and i guess the one you are looking at has a the XR running gear?

Thats is a good price, i'd look into the tranny issue further but sounds more than fair for the money, seeming as privately they are selling for anywhere between 15-18k
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 19:51   #4 (permalink)
grippin'n'rippin

I can get the warranty for it just in case something does go wrong but don't realy like the k's on it. I think i might look around for a farmont ghia with a 5L and leather.
Old 04-17-2004, 22:55   #5 (permalink)
.au member

what's the name of the warranty, ive heard of one before that is pretty much not worth the paper it's written on as trying to claim on it is near impossible.
Old 04-18-2004, 00:32   #6 (permalink)
grippin'n'rippin

don't know the name. It's made up of 4 letters.
If it was a private sale I wouldn't hesitate, but since it's a dealer, I'll pass. Just don't trust them. Theres plenty of ef/el fairmont ghias, fully optioned, with a 5L going around in the papers so I'll wait till I see a good one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons