No boost reference on eec! What ecu ?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2003, 17:38   #1 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

No boost reference on eec! What ecu ??

Is there a way around boost reference for eec correct tuning? I,d rather another ecu than replace engine!!

Besides the cost of purchasing a maf for 36 Lp inj is a good subsidy to go a/m ecu & m.a.p..?? Right but which one!!!

Yes thats an intercooler in my avatar!!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2003, 22:30   #2 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

i dont have a clue!!

or about that either!!!

get an aftermarket or piggyback ecu for better tuning capability if you havent already!!!

post up some pics of your engine bay!!!

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:31   #3 (permalink)
XR9UTE

With Mass Air you don't need a boost reference because the MAF has already measured the mass of the incoming air.

Speed density systems are thrown into disarray by positive pressure because they have to calculate air mass rather than reading it directly. The problem is caused because the positive pressure is outside the range they are capable of reading so, MAP sensors that can handle (higher)positive pressure have to be substituted.

Pete.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:45   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

So in my case Pete I'm better off getting a Votech or Granatelli maf. Trouble is should I keep the X3Z eec or go back to E.B eec and calabrate / tune from there?? With the inhearant rich / retard that the Cobra has built in would be safe engine wise on a blown mill ?? Right.. With 36 inj what calibration maf would I ask for with the X3Z eec..I don't want then supplying any maf it has to be right!! Esp with potential of 4-500 h.p..
R.I.P Possum...
Old 03-17-2003, 03:40   #5 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Hi EbXR,

Ok I don't know your combo but for 500+ hp I'd be looking at a Pro-m 83mm or one of the bigger Ford MAF's like maybe the 90mm Lightning MAF.

The X3Z will be fine and I'm not convinced of the so called rich/retard calibration as you put it. Ive studied the calibration of the Cobra and I think that this condition that you mention may actually have been decided after looking at parts of the calibration and not all of it. I think this is a common misconception that has carried from the early days when only some maps had been found.
I don't think it will give you any advantage or disadvantage in terms of calibration. Which ever EEC, you will require an EEC-Tuner or better still a TweecerRT. Obviously any EEC from the A9L type family will give you immediate support for the RT Tweecer....good reason to use your X3Z.

You can of course run without any recalibration device but this will require an external boost retard unit and a degree of fuel pressure adjustment. I assume you already recognise that this is not the proper way to go and the money is better spent on a Tuner/Tweecer?

If you haven't already got the 36's you may like to know that Ford Racing has replaced the 36's with 42's. So you'd have to get 36's somewhere else. Certainly the 42's will give greater piece of mind should you decide to up the boost.

BTW what's your total combo?
Pete.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:13   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Almost the same as the E.L you have tuned with Trick Flow Track Heat induction and E 303 cam, Bosch inline pump.I hope to post some photo's [with Rollins help] of the build of turbo's etc in progress.
I bought the injectors last year while I was in the states TCI # 150 836's they look the same as Bosch / fms to me..
R.I.P Possum...
Old 03-17-2003, 21:14   #7 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Ok cool,

Are you using the Incon Turbo cast manifolds or don't they fit? You should be able to hit 600hp easy with those T3's. What have you done to the bottom end?
Are you going to blow through the MAF? If so you'll need a special one from Pro-M. The other option is to use two MAF's and make a summing circuit or a Y-piece to the two turbos from the one MAF(more plumbing!)
Actually I think mike(the Tweecer man) runs an Incon TT with 42's on a 331. His calibration would be a great starting point for yours.

Pete.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:27   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Pete going by www.corral.net/forums [turbochargers]they mainly fit maf after i/c and after bov so air is metered and reading correct temp. Approx in similar length from t/b as std.I'm not using maf at present [don't flame me!!] it's used short distance and until boost builds it's pig rich..YES you are right about the power that can be made realy scarry in the wet.
The i/c is X flo so we made a x over pipe from left turbo to right [drivers side] to mate up with the other side then down through i/c to left side, T/ body..We tried a vertical type i/c [two inlet @ bottom one @ top] as used in Mustangs but height was minimal so we used the x/ flo type..
No Pete we made our own up with the help from www.liverpoolexhaust.com.au Have found that std header gasgets don't hold too well. Will fit some with steel liners...Incon have gone broke and didn't deliver...tnk..

Bottom end: Ballanced with arp bolts.. The problem I have been told is the block, splitting through the cam bearing to mains[= 4 cyl,] a mains stud girdle will help but mainly to stop it from fulling apart completely, the rotating assembly is stronger than that!
Std forged pistons etc .. arp head bolts...Ford recomends no more than 550 H.P on efi block..Hmmm!
R.I.P Possum...
Old 03-18-2003, 05:07   #9 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Ok I won't flame you but......jeeez you rough bastard!:)

I think you'll find that most blow through because they only need one MAF and most kits are setup for one MAF.
Drawing through a MAF has obvious turbulence benefits and the ACT sensor will compensate for any temperature and therefore air mass changes.
Personally I would use draw through.

Now put your MAF back on before somebody sees you! and more importantly, before you wreck your engine!

Pete.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:21   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Pete it won't even start/ run with std Cobra maf & 36's..
I think that was a flame !!!
R.I.P Possum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons