Ford Forums banner

Oh No!!!!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  6pAc|30nG|00n 
#1 ·
it has unfortunately happened my first major defect notice A.K.A CANARY!!!!!!!!!! at st.kilda pier friday nite having sik ass time with some chicks i just met, decided to show em my stereo so i got boot open and music pumpin, lit a ciggie, finished ciggie, but on ground, turn around, TOG's!!!!!!!! omg omg shit officer gave me a $200 fine 4 that. THen the officer deceided to do a full roadworthy inspection or a "help me get my holiday bonus inspection". 10 minutes later i get a major defect with 5 items (4 of them are absolutely ridiculous he jus wanted to stich me coz i had hot chikky's sittin in the car) 1. 2 tyres need replacing ( i admit to that) 2. front headlight brighter than other one ??????? thats coz its a bit newer F*&^$head 3. driver seat not secure F%@$! 4. he rekons i need a wheel alingment !!! got one last month!!. 5. Rear speakers to big for parcel shelf making parcel shelf not strong enough!! now thats just clutching for straws. got till friday to get it off, ne1 in the northern suburbs wana lend me 4 rims with passable tread on tyres for 2 hours any size. oh lol and i loved the coppa's reaction when he opened the bonnet!! nothing lololol if only he knew waht was insde

#2 · (Edited)
Yeah they all sound like typical things they'll get ya on. I know, it sucks, but not much you can do bout it apart from not driving your car lol ... It's usually just a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and lets face it, pumpin your stereo is a sure way to attract a cops attention.

Personally I've gotten over that whole scene and pretty much don't take my car out friday or saturday nights. It's a shame I know, but we kinda just gotta accept the risk...

#3 ·
2. front headlight brighter than other one ??????? thats coz its a bit newer F*&^$head 3. driver seat not secure F%@$! 4. he rekons i need a wheel alingment !!! got one last month!!.
never heard of being done for one headlight brighter than the other - surely they can only defect you on items that would fail a roadworthy, and to pass a roadworthy the lenses have to be intact and clear (ie not cloudy or full of crap)

whats the go with the drivers seat? is it standard? how did he come to the conclusion it was loose?

poor wheel alignment is also not defectable - though if your tyres are worn to the wear bars anywhere along the usable tread then the actual tyres are no longer roadworthy, but then you can only get done for the tyres, not the wheel alignment.

i dont know about the rear speakers, 8" in a parce shelf are pretty damn big.

what you might have to do there is get a shop to cut you up a piece of steel that matches the rear parcel shelf and get them to weld them togather, either on top of or below the original, and then you would need an engineers report stating that the car is structurally sound. (though personally i think thats a bullshit defect anyway)

just be thankfull you didnt get done for your ride height, tacho or JMM dev 5! if they did an EPA test you would have been FUBAR i reckon...

i have been done for ride height and exhaust to loud before, both fair calls though, at 87mm and 103db respectively :s6:

#4 ·
Yer man id just fix the stuff and take it down the cop shop or RTA. Maybe ask them when u are there what the go is. I dont think they could give you a defect notice for just one of those things but 3 minor defects and they can canary you.
Shitloads of early commies have tho one light brighter than the other problem. My mates used to get pulled up for it all the time.
Drivers seat not secure? Is it or not? if it aint then its fair enough!
Wheel alignment. Youd think they couldnt tell but they check the wear on your tyres and if its uneven then they will tell u that u need an alignment. I could be just because u do alot of left turns or take round abouts fast ect!
As for the speakers, Youd think that as long as the parcel shelf isnt damaged and the speakers are held in place securly they couldnt do a thing! Unless its the weight thats an issue. Still i dont see a problem :( What about the people with 12" subs on the parcell shelf?
Rollin is right, they probly could have got u for alot more. No ones car is perfect and if they wanted they could probly put all of us off the road for minor things!

#5 ·
never had a yellow syicker and wont start now either:

the seat,headlight,speakers,sound like silly things,you'd only have to drive around and look at a newer car with one low n one high beam working yet they got you for it,also speakers go to rice factor cars and look at their setups now if that safety/structured etc im buggered if i know.

*screams* NAZI COPS*Grrrr* :fraz:

#6 ·
lol if they did an epa test i would pass as my exaust is jmm (redback) and falls in at around 87db. The same can't be said about my old exaust lol a straight pipe running from the stock headers back to a single hot dog and thats it!!! lol all 122db of it. The thing used to throw fire out the back when blipping the throttle at high revs lololol and instead of a turbo's schhhh noise i had the unmistakable grrrr crackle crackle pop pop noise ahh those were the days!!!

#7 ·
by EPA i meant an emissions test - i dont think a JMM kit will pass, though if anyone here has a dev 5 and been tested and passed i will have no problem being proved wrong.

so whats the go with the drivers seat?

#8 ·
Dont you think my car would pass Rollin????

#10 ·
6 pac....in a word - no.

surely you could not think otherwise :p

i want to put a can at the back of your car under the exhaust pipe to catch the fuel coming out so i can use it in my car :s6:

#11 ·
That sucks dude, some cops have nothing better to do sometimes. They should be out defecting all the shit boxes that are full of rust, not nice cars that are clearly looked after. Just watch out with the parcel shelf tho...the second time I got a defect they picked up on the shelf which was cut for speakers (didn't say a thing about it the first time?!). Anyway the RWC people wouldn't pass it without an engineers certificate. So I rang around and found out the only way they'd pass it was if I got a new shelf welded in and an engineer's cert to go with it...the cert alone costs $800!! Who knows what the new shelf would have cost. You can get out of it if you get a letter from Strathfield or something saying the shelf was cut professionally. It's a hell of a lot cheaper! So yeah, just be careful with that, if you get tightass RWC guys then they might make you go through all that shit. Being in the northern suburbs you probably know someone dodgy anyway right?! ;) LOL. That drivers seat thingy seems to be a favourite of the coppers now too. Hopefully you get out of it all cheaply mate, it's just a such a big hassle all because one cop has an attitude problem.

#12 ·
i know bad arse coppa with attitide prob lol. when i removed my fairmont drivers seat i found why the bum of the seat was coming off the rail only 3 of the four bolts where there the left rear bolt was missing completely so i sourced another bolt 1/2 inch size i think it is but it is practically impossible to get back on has nebody eva tried this on the fairmont drivers seat as the futura and gli bolts are different as the the passenger sides on all models???????

#13 ·
Rollin said:
6 pac....in a word - no.

surely you could not think otherwise :p

i want to put a can at the back of your car under the exhaust pipe to catch the fuel coming out so i can use it in my car :s6:

HAHAHAHAHA, na I didn't think it would pass by any means I'm not even sure if it would be close. Gotta give me some credit im getting close to hitting 15 lt per 100k, down from 22 after testing with your regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.