Ohh now I've heard it all! The BA looks like a Holden... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 04:01   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

roll Ohh now I've heard it all! The BA looks like a Holden...

WTF is wrong with poeple? I've spoken to many Holden liking poeple, alot have said the new Falcon is nice, but a few poeple have said to me, and I quote "The new Falcon only looks good becasue it look's like a Holden". Now is that the most stupidest, ignorant comment you have ever heard?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2003, 04:05   #2 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Don't let the "stupid, ignorant" get to you. It is them that have the problem.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:12   #3 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Read Yeah Right

Well if thats the case then of course they wouldnt have noticed that the new Commodore has the looks of a Magna in the arse end!!...They have gone backward, same as what Ford did with the AU.

Its too European looking now. The BA has the tough aggressive front end now and looks the piece this time round.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 01-20-2003, 04:46   #4 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

simple people anything that looks good = Holden must have either built it or helped out.
It's the only way mullet bogan fools can say something from the other side of the fence is good with out looking bad.
I'm differant I'd say the VX commie's look sexy.....pitty about whats underneath bwahahahahahaahahahaha. (That's obviously laughing about the standard sixs people)
Old 01-20-2003, 04:46   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Don't let the "stupid, ignorant" get to you. It is them that have the problem.
I don't let them get to me. But I was nearly in a fight on staurday night with this drunk F@ckwit who started arking up becasue i took the piss out of him and commodores after he said that stupid comment.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:46   #6 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

heh. well you get that. you shouldn't but you do.

Slightly off topic, but ford DNA, anyone noticed how similiar the bumper design of the gt is to the 2001 spec mustang ?
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:58   #7 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I get this utter crap too at work. I just remind them who won WHEELS COTY 2002. Shuts em up.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:00   #8 (permalink)

The BA ass-end looks like an audi, one of Ford's benchmarks for the falcon. The interior was the BMW another benchmark.

But I do agree that the GT has a mustang ass end...but it still has the good 'ole falcon DNA, can't beat that.

Regarding the falcon looking like a commo...isn't 80% of the BA made up of holden parts anyways? *hahaha*
Old 01-20-2003, 12:35   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford4Eva
The BA ass-end looks like an audi, one of Ford's benchmarks for the falcon. The interior was the BMW another benchmark.
...and the front of the Futura looks disturbingly like the last model Camry. It's worth getting the XT just so that you get the aggressive looking front with the black insert in the headlights.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 13:13   #10 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

I had the same rib-dig from a relative the other day.

I let him know that it took Holden 20 years to get the Commodore to look anything like a Falcon. The VT was the first Commodore to be anywhere near the same size.

I then went on to say I opened the hood on a Buick Regal in Canada and saw the same old 3-coil-pack busted-water-pump 3.8, I opened the hood on the Pontiac Firebird and saw the same oil-burning lift-out-of-a-crate LS1 V8, and was driving around Europe 2 years before the VT came out and saw lots of Opel Omega's running around there - at which point I described how the cars are identical, other than size, right down to the layout of the rear Datsun 180B suspension - even the toe link control.

"Don't tell me that Ford copied anything that Holden did, because Holden are the masters of copying other peoples designs."

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons