OIL in Intake Manifold opening - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2005, 05:44   #1 (permalink)

OIL in Intake Manifold opening

Hi guys..

just a quick question i need answered before i freak out or calm down.

I was having a close look at the car today, .. havnt had a close look ever, .. it is an xr6 turbo BA.
I pulled off the rubber inlet to the manifold and i noticed a lot of oil there, it looked like engine oil.
And there was a fair bit of it.

Is this normal? or is there anything which may cause it.
I did add a pod filter to the car yesterday, K&N. oil filter,
could there be enuff oil in that to cause it to show up ?
i wold think not since there is a lot of distance for the air to travel between the two.

please help!!
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2005, 13:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: OIL in Intake Manifold opening

Think you'll find it came from the breather conected to the cam cover. Don't know why ford have put this so close and facing the throttle body. It's the same on the NA. I think I remember reading somewhere that the ADR's may necessitate it. I'd just give it a clean and not worry about it, unless you want to fit one of these independant greather air filter's.
tquarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 00:03   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tquarrell
Think you'll find it came from the breather conected to the cam cover. Don't know why ford have put this so close and facing the throttle body. It's the same on the NA. I think I remember reading somewhere that the ADR's may necessitate it. I'd just give it a clean and not worry about it, unless you want to fit one of these independant greather air filter's.
That is correct.

One thing you should know Wizard is that this is a very common problem with the BA's and the oiling up of the throttle bodies and map sensors has been the cause of alot of idling and starting problems
Old 09-28-2005, 05:50   #4 (permalink)

most throttle bodys after a bit of age on the engine and over due oil changes get this problem , there are cleaning products for this and if regulary cleaned out (when serviced) it isnt a problem !
Mr FORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons