old school GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2003, 02:33   #1 (permalink)
A Gothic Romance...

old school GT

Was there ever an XY GT ute? my uncle bought one about a year or so ago and the numbers match and every thing blah blah blah, yet everyone tells me theres no such thing

help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2003, 02:42   #2 (permalink)
SM

Ford did not produce an XY GT ute, quite a few have been altered to GT appearance though.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:00   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I dont think they ever built a GT ute either,otherwise people would have heard about it and it would be one of the rarest vechiles around and the talk about it would be just as much as the phase 4's around of late,but then again I didn't think they built a GT panlevan either but there seem's to be a wild voilet one that the owner claim's as an original GT panlevan.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 03:05   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally posted by SM
Ford did not produce an XY GT ute, quite a few have been altered to GT appearance though.
That's spot on. There was never an XY GT ute (or van) officially made by Ford. In fact there was never a GT Ute or Van in any model. For an XY to be a GT it needs to have the model code 18038 or 18138. These codes were only ever classified as sedans. So if he has a ute with this model number I'd be ringing Ford directly and asking them what sort of car it should be. If it is ment to be a ute and has one of these model numbers than you have one very rare item.

Cheers,

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 03:29   #5 (permalink)
rod

last time i checked there were more GT's registered than what ford made
Old 06-03-2003, 03:45   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

looks like either factory line is still running although not a Broadmeadows anymore just in some bloke or shelias shed.
I always though as well there was a 'GT' Ute well you learn something every day.
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 03:56   #7 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

I always thought that you could option up the Falcon utes of the time to be fitted out like a GT, however these were not GT's, for example it may have been a Falcon 500 ute, that had the options of a GT, and hence looked like a GT, so basically the numbers may match but it still isn't a GT, instead an optioned up 500...

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:08   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Barefoot_XR6
I always thought that you could option up the Falcon utes of the time to be fitted out like a GT, however these were not GT's, for example it may have been a Falcon 500 ute, that had the options of a GT, and hence looked like a GT, so basically the numbers may match but it still isn't a GT, instead an optioned up 500...
Good point...I remember in Adelaide that a Ford dealer built 4 door XC cobra's in 1978. Now these are not Ford factory cars, but they are Ford dealer cars and that is what the XY utes were. So are these real cobra's and GT's???? Maybe they still hold a place in Ford Australia's history though...
EL2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:38   #9 (permalink)

There is no such thing as a GT ute or a Four door cobra...FORD did not produce these cars.

Therefore any so called dealer car is nothing but a faker and some people were conned.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:57   #10 (permalink)
spaced out

dare i say it or call it old school rice ?
awaiting flames
Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons