old school new school - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2002, 18:20   #1 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

old school new school

Im and when I went to school rear wheel drive , large powerfull cars were the only cars to have / be seen in etc , you know XDs & XEs with 302 winsors and 351 clevos with big 15' globeline mags , hq 308s with 5sp dragways and vb ss 308s ...

anyway this past has resulted in me buying a large rear wheel drive , large displacement six cyl FORD FALCON sedan ( think about it the past alters what we become)

What im getting at is the change in australian mage of 'coolness' , nowdays if your 16 yrs old , cool is a turbo 4cyl 4wd subaru , or a lancer with 19' alloys and a 3 thousand $ sound system , but to me my brothers xe 351 loud as a mother****er sedans better than a loud stereo and pretty wheels .........

any way what do you think about the asian motoring influance on the aussie youth of today.......

West EA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2002, 18:24   #2 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

yeah i reckon alot of young guys are getting into the ricey cars more than the powerful cars these days.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 18:26   #3 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

i EAT rice...

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 18:28   #4 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Problem is these ricey car's are just as fast as fords and holdens and some of them a cheaper too. Was checking out new cars today and saw about 6 R32 skylines for under $12,000. I want a xr6 ED or EF and there $12,000+. So it makes sense to by these small ricey imports cause they are cheap , go hard and handle the road better than a falcon ever will. But hey ive had 2 Big falcons and loved them both.(when they dont stuff up that is :) 0
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 19:08   #5 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Yeah, rice doesnt have the HERITAGE that big cars with big donks have (ie. Falcons).

--ath0-- ....gone
Old 05-11-2002, 19:34   #6 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Most 18 year olds dont care about heritage though!.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 19:47   #7 (permalink)

Im 17 going on 18 and id take a 6 or a v8 ANYDAY over a 4 cylinder. So give us some credit!

Pete
Pete84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 19:49   #8 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Thats their problem. At least we know then that we are mentally superior to them :)
(im talking about 18 year old riceboys...not falcon boys )

--ath0-- ....gone
Old 05-11-2002, 22:57   #9 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

I find the reason for the younger generation liking rice is because most, not all, but most don't know shit about cars, and I mean absolutely nothing. You start talken bout a turbo in ur car and everyone is like "hey man, ur the bomb" and seein movies like the fast and furious made them all think that those rice skylines and everything else were king shit. I showed my mums VL to a group of the "cool" people from school and told them it was turbo'd and had NOS, the idiots believed me and thought that an air box was a turbo and the injectors was what gave it NOS.

Not all of us are like this tho, there are alot of people like myself who know there way around a car and are seriously into the heritage of it all and want to see it continue. I would rather have a stocko 8 over a fully riced up blown milk carton

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 23:01   #10 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Hehe, good shit man.

--ath0-- ....gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons