One Fast Ford Pick Up - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2004, 03:38   #1 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

One Fast Ford Pick Up

Well it goes like this,

I'm driving along minding my own business and trying to keep out of harms way. The lights turn red so I begin to slow down. As I'm approaching the lights, I notice this brand new FORD Pick Up. Bigg Ass wheels , mean lookin thing and an exhaust note to put the new XR8 to shame.

I like the look of this thing so as the lights turn green, I dodge a couple of cars to try and get alongside of this beast to get a better look. This guy sees me comin and thinks like Schumacker so he boots it. Thing takes off like a cut cat.

I catch him at the next set of lights and it's ALL ON. Now my car ain't exactly lightning quick (14.3 quarter at CALDER ) but I didn't expect this YANK TANK to almost keep up. I only start pulling away at the end of second gear and even then I'm not exactly flying away.

I slow down to turn off and this thing passes me and he beeps his horn, sticks his arm out the window and gives me the thumbs up.
Quick as a FLASH, it's all over. Mate this thing must be a mid to late 14 sec TRUCK.

So i'm on the net trying to find this thing on the U.S. Ford website. There's the SVT Lightning ( Supercharged 5.4L ) the new F150 ( 5.4L and 4.6L )

It looked like the SVT Lightning but couldn't have been as I imagine it probably would have absolutely trashed me if it was.

Now was this thing a 5.4L or the 4.6L. I'm thinking that because it was brand new and looked like the lightning it must have been the 5.4L 3 valve.

Either way, this thing gave me a run and a half. Got me thinking..................
Isn't it amazing how times change, based on my quarter mile stats, Ford are making Pick Up TRUCKS these days that could probably keep up with a standard XYGTHO.

Like I said, my car ain't that quick, but for a PICK UP Truck, this thing went like STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK.

Isn't it great to see FACTORY Ford muscle in all forms back on the road again.

Oh well, back under the bonnet again, we can't have a TRUCK get that close now can we...........................................................
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 05:06   #2 (permalink)
Loco

Re: One Fast Ford Pick Up

Pics? :p
Bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:20   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

there was a standard Ford lighting at Calder 3 months back he ran 14.3 stock, yes there 5.4 engine with the supercharger is Ford factory fitted...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:25   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

There aint nothing wrong with a Lightning, my favourite truck, they are the 5.4, and for the size and weight of them they go pretty good.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:32   #5 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers
Pics? :p
I think he was too busy driving!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:11   #6 (permalink)
rod

there is a company in Campbellfied that is doing the conversions on them, there name escapes me at the moment but it is the old Billwrench factory, somebody here will know there name

regards
rod
Old 06-28-2004, 03:25   #7 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

One of the contractors on channel 9's "The Block" has a nice looking F150 Lightning which they show just about every episode parked out the front. i think he is the landscaper
Old 06-28-2004, 04:43   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
One of the contractors on channel 9's "The Block" has a nice looking F150 Lightning which they show just about every episode parked out the front. i think he is the landscaper

thats a harley davidson f150, they come with the same supercharged engine as the lightning but they are an extra cab body, where as the lightning is a reg cab..
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons