Ford Forums banner

Opinion AU Series 111 Fairmont V8

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Curls 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a Fairmont Wagon, as Ford don't have a BA Fairmont Wagon. I have found one with the 5.0 V8. What does this engine use on fuel, around town and open road. ? Currently drive a NL Fairlane with the 4.0 6 cyl. I assume 18 to 27 mpg ?
Am I right to assume the only problem with the AU Series, is their styling ? Mechanically, they are another great Ford.
Thanks

#3 ·
Fuel ussage could vary,really depend's on how you drive it, but roughly around 15litre's in town and 10 on the Hwy, but that all depend's on a lot off thing's, there have been a few little niggling thing's with the AU, as like all model's,the diff noise and front ball joint's for example but genrally speaking, yes they are a good vehicle.

#5 ·
I had a V8 Fairmont EFII Wagon,I kept it for almost 6 years and 200,000kms. YOu will be very happy with it. My old wagon, I usually got around 400 to 450 kms out of a 72 lt tank of juice around town, and about 650 on the highway.
Buy it, you wond be sorry.

#7 ·
I also looked at an AUIII F'mont V8 before finally ordering our BA Futura wagon with most options. I think the BA six will keep up with the AUIII V8 performance wise, while easier on the petrol and the interior of the BA was more preferable to my wife. About the only thing we miss is climate control vs standard air-con although the duel climate of the BA f'mont would be better again. And the BA auto is MUCH more fun to play with on that winding road or when you feel like playing manual driver every now and then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.