Opinions on suggested new laws for P's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 00:10   #1 (permalink)
EB wagon

Opinions on suggested new laws for P's

Hey guys, just wondering what yaz all think of the proposed new P plater laws? Includes P plates limited passenger numbers, not able to drive high powered performance cars and compulsory driver training. I agree to some extent as putting inexperienced drivers behind the wheel of a high powered vehcile is an accident waiting to happen. But how is a HP car defined? Also, if driving examiners did their jobs, only competent drivers would have licences.
What does everyone else think?

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2004, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Opinions on suggested new laws for P's

I CGAF to be honest, I'll just keep driving. I've driven my share of cars over the Vic power to weight limit, didn't stop me then, won't stop me again. I've only heard of it being enforced once.

As for driver training, depends what type it is. Showing what speed can do = good. Teaching people how to control oversteer = bad.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 00:38   #3 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent79
But how is a HP car defined? Also, if driving examiners did their jobs, only competent drivers would have licences.
Power to weight ratio is normally how these laws are set. Also its not the driving examiners fault, the government testing and proceedures for getting a license are just not good enough. These new laws are a good step but still more needs to be done. Defensive driving courses and more education is great but as psycho chicken said, advanced driving courses like skid control etc may cause more problems.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 00:43   #4 (permalink)
Operation E-Series Hoon™

I'll be removing my XR8 badges if they bring these laws in.. I don't wanna be harrassed like Import guys are..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz
Stop putting stupid yagz quotes in your stupid signatures you stupid people!
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 00:46   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Can I have them?
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 00:47   #6 (permalink)
...her name's Christine

Part of the problem goes right back to the driver's license testers who let people out onto the roads even if they've "just passed". The government should look at testers being more strict and not let people scrape by ... like some of the crazy's on the road obviously have
Old 12-16-2004, 00:54   #7 (permalink)
No longer around

no i need em, to put on my XR8ed NC
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:11   #8 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

I think it's all a crock of shit really. I think this age group is always going to have a high fatality rate, driver training may help but it won't solve the problem. Young guys are always going to feel invincible when they first get they're licence. Unless the gov't does something to help get people off the roads and onto the track, they will never stop street racing and the likes. People always have been and always will be highly competitve. I know from personal experience that an Excel will do 180km/h, you don't need a high performance car to stupid speeds in residential 50km/h zones!

I'm all for better driver training, it might save a few lives by teaching people how to save the car before it gets to the point of no return, but banning high performance cars won't solve anything! People are just going to go out and mod flimsy small cars that aren't designed for massive power.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:17   #9 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

if it saves my life from a dickhead driver while im on the road then i dont give a shit what they do to wake these dimwits up. if you wanna kill yourself then thats ok by me, just go find a big empty paddock with some trees in it and cut sick. just stay the **** away from me if your gonna be irresponsible.
the P plate population have been given years to wake up and they havent learnt, its now time to get tough. dont like the laws - dont break them.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:23   #10 (permalink)
Often has bolts left over

im off my plates now so i dont really care. we dont keep them long in SA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons