Ford Forums banner

Pacemaker extractors + Manta exhaust

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  boss 8 
#1 ·
Just got a set of Pacemaker extractors and manta twin 2.5inch out exhaust, K&N filter fitted to my BA XT V8.
It's like driving a different car with a exhaust note at 3000 rpm you'll die for and at 5000 rpm sell your house baby.
Just towed my 7/4foot loaded trailer 1500km non stop on a stretch of road iam very common with, fuel usage went from stock 12.4lit/100km down to 11.5lit and at one stage because one of the road houses had closed at midnight (non school holiday hours) and the next being 50km away with only 59km left in the tank i when for it.
Drove at 65kph in fifth gear fuel dropped down to 7.3lit/100km so she made easily.
Torque at low rev's still great and in fact she'll accelerates in top gear from as low as 1000 rpm.
I don't no how much power gain but boy she hammers hard now and sounds o/so sweet, i always new she had a soul it just took $2000 bucks to fine it.

#2 ·
All sounds good, great fuel usage, more power and a sweet note what more could you want (except more power... :driver: ) now just kick back and enjoy your sweet ride.. :hy:

#3 ·
Glad you are Happy Davo,
Did you have the exhaust on first then put the extractors? I am curious as to if the sound improved with the exrators alot. I have currently a manta exhaust but stock hedders, and it drones a bit, I think it need the pacey's but keen for some feedback.

CHeers and enjoy

#5 ·
Got the lot done in one hit, has twin resonators (little hot dogs) with a rear muffler.
I have a sound file but its 2megs so i cant attach it, i will PM it if anyone wont's to hear it.
I will get a edit tune when next in Perth.

#6 ·
cool, I have the hotdogs in place of centre muffler and a rear sports muffler, just didn't do the Y pipe section to cats yet, I definately noticed an improved note just needed to be a bit throatier(?) in sound, extractors are next for me and tune, strong motors these boss's, they go pretty hard, I would like to hear the sound to hear the difference if u can PM it.

does your rear pipes look like this?

Cheers :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.