panel and paint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2004, 06:03   #1 (permalink)
Coupe XA

panel and paint

i need to no how much it would approx cost to pannel and paint my xa
acrylic?
2pac?

Bro dad and i have done all the door arches in hammercoat charcoal and the engine bay in hammercoat blue and underside of the bonnet in blue and charcoal.
Only the outside of the car needs doing.
Im going to carpet all of the boot and install mdf in the side pannels so thats ok.

Im thinking of getting it painted in mettalic grey like on the xr6t but i dont think it will show of all the cars curves im not sure.

Mabey i should grab a can of midnight blue from supercheap and paint it myself at work we have all the tools and i could save up to get a nice paint job in a couple of months.

Its in primer at the moment and i get heaps of stares especially from the coppers lol
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 04:23   #2 (permalink)
The Supreme Machine!

Re: panel and paint

I would use 2 pac its far more superior than acylic, main reason is that it lasts a hell of alot longer.

1960 FB Holden Wagon: (Tha Yella Terra) 192ci 6cyl,4spd, 13x7 Chromies.

NA fairlane ghia 5.0
XA_GT_351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:01   #3 (permalink)

I'd say start at 3 grand and work your way up depending on how good of job you want
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:40   #4 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I just had my XA GT COUPE painted cost me $3000 just for the paint job no panel work
this included engine bay, boot, door jams,under bonnet and boot,gt blackouts everything.
Also try Carlise or swan tafe (same thing) they also do paint jobs at a very good price and I think a really good job .Also go 2pac .As for colours go for something bright like xa colour yellow glow or maybe blood orange from the the new BA series bright colours show the lines better if you want darker colour xa gt wild violiet (Purple colour) with flat black for the black outs or xa or xb mulberry (very nice and not many around) using sliver for black outs looks nice
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 10:45   #5 (permalink)

I'm paying 4500 for panel/rust paint in 2pac metallic pearl. everything besides the engine bay

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:26   #6 (permalink)
Coupe XA

yeah i just work up the road from carlisle on raleigh st and was thinking of going there to get it painted. do u know if its the apprentices that paint the cars if so is that why its cheaper?
Old 07-07-2004, 04:52   #7 (permalink)

Yes they are apprentices that do it, probably 3rd and 4th year and you would be paying for the materials only not for labour.

JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:24   #8 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
Originally Posted by benXaGt
yeah i just work up the road from carlisle on raleigh st and was thinking of going there to get it painted. do u know if its the apprentices that paint the cars if so is that why its cheaper?
Yes they are apprentices thats the best thing . Must painters don't care any more but apprentices are very keen . Plus they don't let the cars go out unless its right. Most of the paint jobs I've seen that impressed me were done by apprentices even seen some in magazines.So give them a call I wish they did mine now.
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:15   #9 (permalink)
The Supreme Machine!

My XA's quoted at $6000 for a baremetal respray in 2 pac copper bronze mettalic with satin gt blackouts door jambs, boot & engine bay, work is starting in a few months,

I'm doing a course on panelbeating and spray painting at a local tafe and they cannot do work on your own car, they are not allowed to make any money as its taking business away from panelshops, The only way you can do it is bring you own car in and do the work yourself.

1960 FB Holden Wagon: (Tha Yella Terra) 192ci 6cyl,4spd, 13x7 Chromies.

NA fairlane ghia 5.0
XA_GT_351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:34   #10 (permalink)
Coupe XA

thats awsome about the tafe thanks for letting me no ive probably saved $1000's and i can have it painted sooner than expected once ive saved enough money up :p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons

Related Reading: panel and paint