Performance Exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2005, 00:27   #1 (permalink)

Performance Exhaust

Hi all... this was posted in the exhaust forum but got no response so thought i'd try it here..

I want to get a full exhaust system on my el xr6 (extractors + zorst). I was just wondering what you all thought would be the best way to go.. JMM, Herrod, pacemakers or some other generic brand.. Would a trip to say JMM be better than my local exhaust shop?

Thanks for ur info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2005, 01:37   #2 (permalink)
Mad Manz

Re: Performance Exhaust

dunno ova there, but there is a performance shop in SA where i drove down to get my exhaust done, couldnt be happier, i have a GT-P and we gain'd more than 35rwkw from the exhaust, they used pacemaker extractors, into 2 High Flow cats, into 2 resonators, to the muffler, then through 2 resonators, the car bellows out when u gas it, but is quiet on the highway, you could incorperate this into the 6 cyl, by using pacemaker extractors, a High flow cat, resonator and muffler. Ours was all Stainless Steel...

the company is called D & T Performance Exhaust...
Old 02-07-2005, 02:43   #3 (permalink)

U drove from NSW to SA to get ur exhaust done?
Old 02-07-2005, 03:21   #4 (permalink)
Mad Manz

yeah, if you can go to an exhaust shop who will Guarantee at least 20rwkw then let me know, at the time no one would do it, it was bring it in and you'll notice a difference, with my response "Um no", with a set price and a definate 20rwkw, with the same diameter s/s tube couldn't resist... Plus i know this shop and there work is excellent. There has not been 1 person on here who could speak of or prove that kind of difference. Not even Herrod. So yeah, thats why we went to SA, plus it was a good holiday
Old 02-07-2005, 23:20   #5 (permalink)

Fair enough... They give u a before and after dyno? and how much if u dont mind me asking?
Old 02-08-2005, 15:37   #6 (permalink)
Mad Manz

225rwkw before and 259 after, but the dyno sheet was still set on the previous person who had a HSV, da bastards, so the next run once he changed the sheet was 257rwkw

But yeah, Dyno before and then after, on the same dyno, on the same day in the same shootout mode. Then 2 or 3 months after we were in canberra and won the dyno day with our club and the car pulled 257rwkw so its gotta be accurate!

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons