Performance XT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2006, 03:17   #1 (permalink)

biggrin Performance XT

Hey I'm just about to a stock XT and am thinking of doing it up. I live in Queensland (Brisbane), just wanted to know if there are any performance places you guys would recommend to do up a N/A (and keep it N/A) atmo Xt and what rough 1/4 times these would achieve. Cheers.
Z Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: Performance XT

you can see my sig.. these are the mods i have done.. there is one other car i know of with almost exaltly the same mods and it has done a 1/4 mile in 14.7.

that's almost like a stock turbo time.

so i'd say that 15 flat is quite attainable for about $5000 spent on performance.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 20:57   #3 (permalink)
2004baxt

G'day.
I drive a 2004 ba xt and i added the Jimmock motor sport dev3 kit which has been proven to do 14.2 1/4miles. And that's just with a full exhaust system and cold air intake.
mick85wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 22:43   #4 (permalink)
MoreHPformyXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick85wa
G'day.
I drive a 2004 ba xt and i added the Jimmock motor sport dev3 kit which has been proven to do 14.2 1/4miles. And that's just with a full exhaust system and cold air intake.

Lets look at the JMM customer cars. So far the fastest one is Jac's Black XR6 manual.. 14.8 ET.

all their "factory" cars are quick.. but customer cars with the "same mods" are miles off the pace.
. take it to the drags and get a timeslip.. otherwise he has nothing.
Old 03-13-2006, 22:51   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Lets look at the JMM customer cars. So far the fastest one is Jac's Black XR6 manual.. 14.8 ET.

all their "factory" cars are quick.. but customer cars with the "same mods" are miles off the pace.
. take it to the drags and get a timeslip.. otherwise he has nothing.
so you saying that jmm's claimed numbers are not what is being produced?
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 03-13-2006, 22:53   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
G'day.
i find that a bit of a stretch.... not alot of mods for a fair whack of improvement. Thats like better than a stock turbo time? with just zorst and intake? hard to believe.

but i'm more than happy to be wrong! GO FORD NA6!
Old 03-22-2006, 02:57   #7 (permalink)
2004baxt

re 1/4mile time. I'll be taking it down the strip in around two weeks and ill be glad to post my times. Just waiting for the last of my gt bodykit to be installed
mick85wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:34   #8 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Quote:
re 1/4mile time. I'll be taking it down the strip in around two weeks and ill be glad to post my times. Just waiting for the last of my gt bodykit to be installed
that's great mate. look forward to hearing. Fingers crossed for low 14's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons