Plastic Repair/Restore.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 04:23   #1 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

Plastic Repair/Restore..

I figured one of you guys might be able to help me out.

I'm looking for a plastic repairer in the Brisbane area. I've got a GS/GT console dash for my birthday that is missing the entire heater section.. however the one on my car is fine. It is my understanding that I can get a plastic repairer to cut both of the sections and weld them together.

The rest of the dash has some holes drilled in it that I understand can be repaired as well..

Does anyone know someone that can help? or have any ideas/tips?

What about the replacement of the clear plastic for the gauges? After seeing it pulled apart, it dosnt appear to be any special material.... is there a good substitute that will work well?
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2004, 13:36   #2 (permalink)
XB Falcon 500 sedan

Re: Plastic Repair/Restore..

There's Harrisons Early Spares up here near Brisbane and they do plastic welding. Not sure if they can help you out with this, as I have never actually used them before; but they did say that they are able to weld driving light rings into standard grills and such, so I don't think that it would be a problem.

Harrisons Early Spares

That's one option. As to your dash lenses, it's an easy fix. You can order a replacement kit: 2 large 2 small lenses. Not sure but I think it's about $45 from GT Ford Performance down in Victoria. That price might be just for the 2 large pieces though, I can't remember.

GT Ford Performance

OR you can get them from Mustang Auto Parts here in Brissy. They do Falcon GT stuff too. They're not listed in their parts catalogue, but I wrote them an email and they assure me that they can get them. Pretty well same price, so I'm getting mine from there as soon as I get around to it.

Mustang Autoparts

Hope this helps ya out!
Old 11-22-2004, 13:55   #3 (permalink)
XB Falcon 500 sedan

Isn't the heater box just mounted by screws up inside the dash? Why not just unscrew your good heater box when take out your standard dash to install the GS/GT one and mount the old heater box in the new dash?

...ahh.. hangon... I may be thinking of the aircon. compressor etc. My bad.
Old 11-22-2004, 15:21   #4 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

Thanks very much! I've emailed both of them for prices.

The fascia is broken around the heater, so it dosnt unscrew (and will involve cutting my existing fascia in half and glueing the good part of mine onto the GS fascia..).
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons