Please read, this affects everybody. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2003, 05:02   #1 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Please read, this affects everybody.

I'd just like to point out, John and I have noticed a big increase of 'Tech' threads in this forum in recent days. Some of these have been shifted to the appropriate forums, while some have remained.

For the people who might not know, we used to have a Tech section but at the time there was 4 Forums within FF that anyone could post a tech related thread. It was deemed to confusing to browse the individual forums for each club as well as the main FF forum at the time. So long story short there was a big reshuffle of the forums and a dedicated Tech section was formed.

So please post your tech threads in the appropriate forum where it will get greater attention than it would here.

Thanks.

Karl and John.
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2003, 23:34   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Re: Please read, this affects everybody.

This thread is so totally because of me
Old 12-18-2003, 04:09   #3 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

yeah this tends to come up every now and again and as soon as it's cracked down apon the e-series forum goes totally dead.
People end up posting in here because you get a reply.
I personally love the sub devisions in the tech section but then no one looks in that area unless they have a problem.
The people with the answers always play in here or in the pub or asylum.

Unless the people with answers bother to trawl through other parts of the page this will always happen.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:53   #4 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

unfortunatly i find the situation to be exactly as Carazy, ive sometimes even hidden a techquestion within a general dissussion topic due to the lack of help in the tech threads.

Im not sure how to resolve the problem, but i undersand that tech qns should be keped in the tech forum.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 20:59   #5 (permalink)
{';'}

I have to agree with the two lads above me. I know it's not the most ideal situation, but there is a lot of help around on these forums and not everyone has the time to browse through all the tech sections. Therefore help doesn't seem to be available as efficiently as it could be.

(I do realise that there are sections specifically for certain discussions to help with organisation and ease-of-use etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 14:32   #6 (permalink)

I agree with the other 3 posters. If you need anwsers fast E-series GD is the only place you get them. I have noticed a lot of threads being move since we got new mods & had wondered if our new mods were being a little over zealous ?.
Old 12-19-2003, 16:08   #7 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

For starters this wasn't directed at anyone in partuicular so James don't blame yourself

The main reason why this was started was because the majority of the 'tech' threads were being started by people new or relativly new to the forums. In one case a user started 2 tech threads within 2 minutes. Rather than having threads cropping up and being shifted and then having to PM the person, it's easier to have this here so people know and the whole situation can be avoided.

I'm glad the people who have replied realise the need for the seperate tech forums. I agree it will always be a bit of a problem, but what can you do.

The issue that once threads are moved that people don't browse those forums isnt completely true. Ive found that once a few threads were shifted there were more replies. Also when the thread is shifted a redirect is left which people browsing this forum will see and will take them straight to the thread anyway - for a day or 2 at least.

To make browsing the forums a lot easier I make use of the " Veiw New Posts " which is under the Quick Links drop down menu. It pulls up the most recent posts and displays them on the one page so going into the seperate forums isn't nessasary.
Old 12-20-2003, 18:49   #8 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Ok guys I have been playing and trying to make things better all around for everyone.

I am testing out the content feed from the tech forums under the feed for the Ford-tech site. Now I would like to ask what you guys think?

Do you want specific content fed into here so that you can click on it and go to that thread?

If so which forums? I can enter any and all if you really want.

Are 15 enough? If you want more or less than speak up.

Currently I have only made it where the title and author are listed.

Let me know. I can tune it more so if u really want it.

John
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 20:13   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Well my suggestion would be to lessen the amount of sub catagories under the tech
section.

Combine the suspension and the brake forum
Combine interior/electrical and in car entertainment
Get rid of trans section add it to suspension.

Clear up the engine section have one for v8's and another for 6cyl and another for 4cyl.
Keep the bottle bistro that rocks but expand it to include any non standard mods to any part of the car. (performance related mods that is)

E-series tech link? Dump that it just redirects to the normal tech section.
Get rid of the entire individual car discussion section and change posts so that when adding a new post you must tag it (ie the EA-AU gif tags you can select) then make it possible to filter searches based on these tags. Obviously rules should make it that you must select a car tag to be able to post. (Or a differant tag like general)
Sounds like another work I know but I'd be glad to help catagorise posts if you wanted to do this.

In short the avalible forums must be shortened down for people to use them and they must flow well enough for people in the know to bother to browse them.

I love comming here and logon at least once a day but I don't bother to trawl through the tech forums unless I have a problem simply because the move to slowly and there are way to many of them.
Hope this is some contructive feedback for you Lunatic.
I would love the tag feature as I suggested because this would mean less 2-3 char searches.
Old 12-20-2003, 20:20   #10 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

oh I forgot.
The technical links on the side are a brillent Idea I love that.
Have the feeds come all the tech forums.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons