Polish/Wax - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2004, 17:13   #1 (permalink)

Polish/Wax

My BA XR6 is about 4 months old now and think it is time to polish/wax the car. Is there any need to polish, is wax all that is needed for a new car? Wasting time polishing then waxing?

Thinking of using Meguiars Gold Class Wax, dear but everyone thinks it is good. Anything else to recommend on an Envi XR6?

Thanks.
navy blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 17:53   #2 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Re: Polish/Wax

It all depends on how the car is looked after, and if its garaged at nite etc..

I polished my new one at 3 weeks ago with Bowdens own, and it is shiny!!

Ive tried Gold Class, Mothers Hot Wheels Wax, and a few others but I like the Bowdens own the most.

There is a new Meguires one out thats $43 bucks a bottle, and its pretty good to so im told..
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 17:56   #3 (permalink)
6 Speed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy blue
My BA XR6 is about 4 months old now and think it is time to polish/wax the car. Is there any need to polish, is wax all that is needed for a new car? Wasting time polishing then waxing?

Thinking of using Meguiars Gold Class Wax, dear but everyone thinks it is good. Anything else to recommend on an Envi XR6?

Thanks.
I use Autoglym products.....very expensive but I think the results speak for themselves.

Morpowa Custom Cold Air / Mal Wood Clutch / Underdrives / Dual 3" DiFillipo Exhaust / Xtreme/Bluepower Custom Tune
XR8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:58   #4 (permalink)
XR82GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV TURBO
There is a new Meguires one out thats $43 bucks a bottle, and its pretty good to so im told..

Yeah the new "TECH WAX" I use this now actually did the ute last night.

And it is the most reflective product i have ever used. Try it before you try anything else and if you dont like it there is a money back offer on the box...

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 03:09   #5 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV TURBO

It'd wanna be good for 43 bucks a pop would'nt it?!!!!!!.
I'm presently using the Gold Class too seems pretty good. I'll try the dearer one next see how it goes.

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 03:16   #6 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Most are around the $20 bucks mark, the Bowdens own is about $29 and Autobarn seem to think its better then the new Meguires stuff..

Personally I think the more you pay the better product. Goldclass is ok, but it doesnt last long plus its a prick to take off...
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:06   #7 (permalink)
goooone

Speaking of expensive waxes check out Swissol http://www.swissol.com/E/AUS/Home.htm there top of the line wax is $3250. For that price I'd want my car so shiny you could see it from outerspace.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 20:59   #8 (permalink)

Klasse make an "all in one" acrylic wax that is excellent. But if you really want to know what is good check out autopia.com the guys over there are very serious about waxes and rate most of the one out there.
Old 10-10-2004, 21:40   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8888
I use Autoglym products.....very expensive but I think the results speak for themselves.
I have to agree, autoglym gives much longer lasting results and is much easier to use and is silicone free. I have tried many polishes and waxes side by side, eg. 1/2 bonnet with one product and 1/2 with the other and after a few weeks you will see which ones are good value for money. Example- Good old $9.95 turtle wax will give the same results as Meguiars wet look but is only half the price. Thats just my way I have picked good value from rip-off but I am sure there are differing views.
traceyxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:27   #10 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8888
Same here. I used Meguiars products exclusively for about 10 years on many cars. Tried Autoglym one day just for the hell of it on the same car I had been using Meguiars on and never went back. Awesome stuff. If you want a top job there is a recipe to follow with most products, not just a wash and wax job.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons