Ford Forums banner

How long did you have to wait for your XR?

• Less than 4 weeks

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • 4 to 8 weeks

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 8 to 12 weeks

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • more than 12 weeks

Votes: 21 45.7%

Poll: How long before you got your XR?

5K views 49 replies 30 participants last post by  Fordy 
#1 ·
I'm starting to get pissed off with the vagueness of my dealer's answers. I ordered my XR8 in late March, with a specified delivery date of 26th of May. Now he's saying it's been put back to June build, and mumbled something about supply issues with Premium Audio and leather. I know these are in high demand, but surely it shouldn't take 3 months!
I've asked for the SIDO number, but in the mean time, I just wanted to get an idea of how long others are having to wait for their XRs (especially turbo and 8).

#3 ·
Lucky bastard!

This has highlighted something I've overlooked - Would people who bought showroom stock, please refrain from participating in the poll..

#5 ·
I placed my order back in December, just before chrissy. The car arrived in January / February (can't remember now). But I picked it up in March when I had the funds.

I was happy with the amount of time it took, but then I the only option I had was the Premium Sound.

Alex

#8 ·
Ordered on 20 Dec last year (fleet purchase).
Still no car. Have just about heard every story possible - now been told delivery May 2.

FWIW, I optioned premium sound - was actually told that it would be worse still had I also optioned a sunroof.

The happy waiting period has long gone.....

#10 ·
ordered mine on bathurst weekend october2002 and picked up my beast 20th feb 2003 with a sales proirity sticker on it.
the sunroof was installed when the car arrived at the dealer here in sydney, the car had the wrong steering wheel and when i picked it up it had wrong colour floor mats and i thought they could have done a better job with the detailing. it still had the sticky stuff left on the body left behind from the stickers. and also a small chip under the passenger side fog light on the spoiler.
they said if i wanted too, at the 3000km service they would remove the bar and respray it for me

#13 ·
Superoo said:
Ordered on 20 Dec last year (fleet purchase).
Still no car. Have just about heard every story possible - now been told delivery May 2.

FWIW, I optioned premium sound - was actually told that it would be worse still had I also optioned a sunroof.

The happy waiting period has long gone.....
Arrrrgh! This doesn't sound good!! Does anyone know how the bloody ordering system works? How can it be that some get their car within a few weeks, while others, seemingly with similar options, have to wait in limbo for so long? I realise there are things like dealer allocations etc, but this kind of discrepancy seems just plain wrong!
How much influence does the dealer have? (a lot, I suspect)

#15 ·
I know that some of the "bigger" dealerships get priority sometimes. Which is unfair to all those that have to wait. Fortunatley for me I didn't have to wait too long as the dealer I went through booked my car solidly, or some shite, like that when I said I wanted one.

Alex

#18 ·
XR6HOON said:
Ordered mid Feb, no word, no clue nothing!!!

Arrrrrrrhhhh
Same story, although June has been mentioned in several conversations.:evil2:

G
#19 ·
Ordered 24/12/02 (Blueprint XR6 Manual, premium sound, towbar). Estimated delivery end Feb. Delivered 16/04/03. Also got the "colour, transmission, sound system" excuses for delay....but it was worth the wait!

#20 ·
Holy shit... Looks like I may be in for a looooooooooooooong wait...

#24 ·
For all of you who think you have a hard luck story .....

Where I work, we have to place our fleet orders 6 months in advance. That was a long wait for me and my humble XR6 which arrived 3 weeks ago.

But my mate, who ordered an XR6T with Premium sound, leather and sunroof a month BEFORE me, finally got his call yesterday from the dealer - come and pick it up. An hour later, another call - did you order leather ? Yes it was delivered with cloth trim and they are having to send it back. Estimated delivery time is now another 8 weeks.

The poor bastard is now going to do his trip from Brisbane to Adelaide next week in his 3 year old Commodore Exec. Just not the same ......

#25 ·
Ordered my Narooma Blue XR6 N/A on Saturday (26th April), pick up Wednesday (30th).

How much difference does there seem to be with ordering the turbo and the N/A?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.