is this possible? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2003, 00:30   #1 (permalink)
Mechanical Dumbass

is this possible?

hey guys,

i got some new tyres today so i thought i would give the g-tech a bash. i did it 3 times (0 - 100), first go i got 7.9 seconds taking it to 4800rpm, 2nd go i got 8.32 taking it to 4000rpm and 3rd go i got 7.83 seconds (4800rpm). I was pretty confident the g-tech is accurate , but now im very sceptical:shifty:. The 7.83 was by no means a perfect run it bogged down quite a bit, but is a 7.83 actually possible from a stock eb2 5sp? i always thought when brand new and tested by a pro it was around 8?? im rather confused, can someone tell me if that time is possible or if the g-tech is telling me fibs

Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2003, 02:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: is this possible?

well, dunno man but id be happy with anything under 9, my EA prob does like 11 second to get to 100.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:00   #3 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Re: is this possible?

I have one and my old eb1 5 speed with extractors and exhaust pulled mid 7's using a g tech...which I thought was on par - that was with one person, and all sound proofing etc stripped out and fuel light on.

This was also checked by using a digital stop watch and it was pritty closer (stopwatch was generally around 0.5s off)

Make sure the road is very flat, as this can affect reading substantially!
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons